Emerging Hispanic Serving Institution
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside recognizes the importance in serving all students and strives to become a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). HSI's are defined as colleges, universities, or systems/districts where total Hispanic enrollment constitutes a minimum of 25% of the total headcount enrollment. With a 21% Hispanic student population, we are the first public university in Wisconsin recognized as an Emerging HSI.
An EMERGING HISPANIC SERVING INSTITUTION has 15-24% Hispanic student population.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to serving all members of our community and to providing education that benefits all students.
Hispanic students represent Wisconsin’s fastest growing group of college-bound individuals. I’m proud of the dedication of our faculty, staff, students, alumni and regional partners, which has resulted in the federal designation of UW-Parkside as an Emerging Hispanic Serving Institution.
Diversity is crucial for maintaining excellence in research/creative artistry, learning and community engagement. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside celebrates many differences among people including but not limited to diversity in race, ethnicity, ability, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and age. UW-Parkside strives to strengthen diversity with programs that will accomplish the following:
- Attract and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff;
- Respect and appreciate the many cultures and multiple perspectives within the communities that UW-Parkside serves;
- Promote equity and success for all students, faculty and staff;
- Prepare students, faculty and staff to act ethically in relation to diversity on campus and in local and global communities
- Address racism, oppression, and all forms of neglect and discrimination throughout the campus at all levels.
Through various initiatives — including our annual Descubre Parkside, Yo Soy Parkside, and Hispanic Heritage Month — we continue to build community and open spaces to discuss higher education, student advocacy, and celebrate culture.
- UW-Parkside Scholarships Page
- Dreams of Wisconsin Scholarship
- Gustavo Gomez Diaz Memorial Scholarship
- Somos Latinos Unidos Scholarship
- Hispanic Business and Professionals Association of Racine
- Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Scholarships
- Latinos United for College Education Scholarships (LUCES)
- Wisconsin Hispanic Scholarship Fund/Mexican Fiesta Scholarship Program