SBDC | Small Business Development Center
The Small Business Development Center at UW-Parkside helps entrepreneurs succeed at any stage. We offer no-cost, confidential consulting and business education across a wide region, primarily serving Kenosha and Racine counties. The SBDC at UW-Parkside annually assists more than 300 small business owners and entrepreneurs in southeast Wisconsin.
ACHIEVE YOUR BUSINESS GOALS
Leverage our dedicated network of experts for impartial guidance. We’ll help you make informed decisions. Whether you are at the discovery level of becoming an entrepreneur, researching ideas to develop into a business, or looking for methods to grow an existing business, we can assist you.
ABOUT THE SBDC
The Wisconsin SBDC at UW-Parkside is part of a statewide network supporting entrepreneurs and business owners through no-cost, confidential consulting and targeted educational programs. Local SBDC experts facilitate improvement and growth for small and emerging mid-size companies and help launch successful enterprises.
- Coaching and guidance to businesses
- Financial lending assistance
- Business, marketing, and strategic plan development
- Business startup plans
- Market analysis for businesses
- Financial analysis
- Minority business assistance
- Growth assistance for existing businesses
- Tech venture support
Online Entrepreneurship and Finance Certificate Programs and Courses
The Small Business Development Center at UW-Parkside in collaboration with MindEdge Learning offers the very latest in online courses and certificate programs.
Whether you are looking to expand your skill set, earn professional credits, or learn something new, our online professional development courses and certificates pair perfectly with your busy schedule. Courses are self-paced, accessible from anywhere and available on mobile.
MindEdge is committed to the 21st century professional, providing programs that are affordable, engaging, current and comprehensive, while addressing the demands and skills needed to succeed in today’s competitive and ever changing market place.
- Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Financial Planning and Control
- How to Read a Financial Statement
- Introduction to Business Statistics
- Introduction to Finance
- Time Value Money and Risk
- Understanding and Managing Budgets
COVID-19: HOW WE CAN HELP BUSINESSES
The Wisconsin Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network is here to help businesses connect with important resources and information amid quickly changing conditions and unprecedented measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Better Business Bureau - www.bbb.org
- Exporting For Small Businesses - www.export.gov
- Government Loans - www.govloans.gov
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - www.irs.gov
- Racine County Economic Development Corporation (RCEDC) - www.racinecountyedc.org
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - www.uspto.gov
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute - www.wispro.org
Downtown Racine Corporation (DRC) | www.racinedowntown.com
Gateway Technical College | www.gtc.edu
Kenosha Area Business Alliance (KABA) | www.kaba.org
Kenosha Area Chamber of Commerce | www.kenoshaareachamber.com
Racine County Economic Development Corporation (RCEDC) | www.racinecountyedc.org
Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) | www.scorewisconsin.org
Twin Lakes Area chamber of Commerce | www.twinlakeschamber.com
UW Extended Campus | www.uwex.edu
Racine County Workforce Sollutions | www.racinecounty.com
Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) | www.wwbic.com
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) | www.sba.gov
The Wisconsin SBDC at UW-Parkside is hosted by the College of Business, Economics, and Computing and the UW System Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship. The SBDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact email@example.com or 262-595-3362.