How to connect to the Internet via ResNet
Ranger Hall and Pike River Suites offer both wired and wireless connectivity. Wired is the preferred connection while in your room, while wireless is primarily designed for the common areas. The University Apartments are completely wireless. Although we have tried to maximize wireless coverage, due to furniture placement, building construction and the nature of wireless, some areas (even within 2-3 feet) may have very different signal strengths.
Wired connections (preferred method);
- Ranger Hall
- Pike River Suites
To make a connection, you will need to have an Ethernet network card installed that uses a Cat5 cable. Your computer must be equipped with a wired network card. Plug the network cable into both the red socket on the wall and the network card on your computer, do not plug into the White/Ivory jack. In most case you can check to see if you have a connection by the lights on your network card. (Note: Cat5 is the minimum standard for a cable, Cat5e and Cat6 are acceptable alternatives for your network cable)
- University Apartments
- All Pike River Suites and Ranger Hall Common Areas
To connect to the wireless network in Residence Life (and on campus), your computer must be equipped with a wireless network card, The wireless network currently supports the ‘B’, ‘G’, and ‘N’ standards. To make the initial connection you will need to have the following information:
- SSID: UWP-ResNet (case sensitive)
- Security is not used in our installation (WEP/WPA)
Configuration & Internet Connection
- To make a connection to ResNet, your computer must have DHCP enabled. This is turned on by default.
Logging on to ResNet
When connected to ResNet, depending on your device, you may be presented with a network login screen or you may need to open a web browser (Chrome, IE, Safari) to see this screen. If your browser default opens to a blank page, please go to http://www.uwp.edu. To authenticate your device, please follow the onscreen prompts. The last page will ask for your UW-Parkside email username and password. When complete, your device may get redirected or you may need to restart your browser, simply follow the on screen prompt.
- You will be required to register every device at the start of each semester/session.
- Taking your computer on campus/wireless: If you are living in Ranger Hall or the Suites and take your computer on campus or a common area and use the wireless, it is strongly recommended that you turn off the wireless upon returning to your room. Many computers try to use the wireless connection first. If there is a weak or no signal, it may appear as if ResNet is not working properly.
- Compatibility: Your device MUST have a browser (IE, Firefox, Safari) to connect to ResNet. We are unable to register any device that does not have a browser at this time.
- There is a 10 device limit per account. The account that the device is registered under will be held responsible for activity of that device.
If you have any question, please feel free to email the Residence Life IT Manager at email@example.com, send a text message to 262-854-0105 or call the help desk at 262-595-2444. Due to increased call volumes at the beginning of each semester, a tech may not be able to help or return your call during the first couple of days. When calling the helpdesk, please leave a phone number that you can be reached at. Please note: the help desk does not schedule technicians.