UWPF Chapter 3: Departments and Centers
- 3.01 Definitions
- 3.02 Departmental Faculty: Membership
- 3.03 Departmental Faculty: Functions
- 3.04 Departmental Executive Committee: Membership
- 3.05 Departmental Executive Committee: Functions
- 3.06 Departmental Chair: Method of Appointment
- 3.07 Departmental Chairperson: Duties and Responsibilities
- 3.08 Exceptions
- 3.09 Centers
(1) The director of a center shall be appointed by the dean of the college in consultation with faculty and staff associated with the center. The director of a center housed in Academic Affairs shall be appointed by the Provost in consultation with faculty and staff associated with the center, and with the deans of appropriate colleges. The director of a center which exercises the curricular powers of a department shall be a member of the faculty. The director shall serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
(2) Centers which exercise the curricular powers of departments shall have a steering committee consisting of the director and other faculty and staff appointed by the dean of the school or college for staggered three-year terms with no bar to reappointment, except that for a center housed in Academic Affairs the appointments shall be made by the Provost. Other centers may have such steering committees as seems appropriate and useful.
(a) The director shall chair the steering committee.
(b) Students and staff may be members of the steering committee, but a majority of the members of a center which exercises the curricular powers of a department must be faculty members.
[Revision history: 2019 11 26.]
[The following revision history has not been verified.]
Approved by the Faculty Senate, February 14, 1989. Revised by the Faculty Senate January 28, 1992. Revised by the Faculty Senate September 26, 1996 (PSF 30/95-96). Last revised by the Faculty Senate on April 20, 2010 (PSF 29/09-10).
Passed by the UW-Parkside Faculty Senate on April 20, 2010. This policy amends UWPF Chapter 3 and supersedes the Faculty Senate Actions of February 14, 1989, January 28, 1992, and April 16th, 1996, and