Fund for wisconsin scholars
WHAT IS THE FUND FOR WISCONSIN SCHOLARS GRANT?
The Fund for Wisconsin Scholars program provides grants to randomly selected students attending a four-year UW System university. Their mission is to help make higher education more accessible and degree completion more achievable by reducing financial barriers and student loan debt in Wisconsin.
WHY A PEER MENTORING PROGRAM?
Peer mentors are here to help you navigate your first year at UW-Parkside. Your peer mentor is a returning Parkside student and recipient of the Fund for Wisconsin Scholars grant. Your peer mentor can help answer questions about the grant, academics, and financial aid, and can connect you to various resources on our campus.
WHAT CAN I GAIN FROM THE FUND FOR WISCONSIN SCHOLARS PROGRAM?
There is a lot to gain from a program like this. Our top three favorite benefits are:
- A support network of peers and professional staff
- A renewable grant that you can receive for up to 10 semesters
- Opportunities to participate in events focused on student success
HOW DO I ACCEPT THE GRANT?
In October, you were sent an email from Mary Gulbrandsen, Executive Director for the Fund for Wisconsin Scholars Grant Foundation.
- To complete the form on the link, you will need to use your assigned username (your Parkside email address).
- You will receive a second email containing a password.
- Complete the Student Response Form (SRF) online by the DEADLINE.
HOW DO I KEEP THE GRANT?
To keep the grant, you must:
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Maintain full-time, continuous enrollment; 12 or more credits per fall and spring semester
- Continue to be enrolled at a UW institution
- Complete the FAFSA
- Must have unmet need
2021-2022 PEER MENTORS