UW-System Symposium for Research and Creative Activity
The annual UW-System wide undergraduate conference includes a wide range of presentation topics and formats from all disciplines and majors. The annual conference moves around the state for host sites. UW-Parkside students involved in student-faculty collaborative scholarly work are encouraged to talk with your faculty mentor about registering and attending this annual meeting.
2021 SYMPOSIUM | WED APR 28
HOSTED BY UW-WHITEWATER
Faculty and academic staff please share this information with your students who are doing independent scholarly work in all departments and majors and across all forms of scholarly activity. For example: research, creative activities, art, performances, social sciences, internships, community-based learning, etc…
Also, undergraduate students who completed their research or creative activity last semester (Fall 2020) are also eligible to present their work at the UW-Symposium Spring 2021.
Deadline for Abstract Submission and Registration
SAT MAR 20, 2021
DETAILS FOR REGISTRATION
When registering online you will need the following information, so have these ready with you.
1. Full name, email, academic year (Senior, Junior, etc…), major, and hometown mailing address of “main” student presenters (aka, “First Author”).
2. If additional student co-authors, have full name, email, academic year (Senior, Junior, etc…), major, and hometown mailing address of each student co-author.
3. Presentation title as you want it to appear on the conference documents.
4. Full abstract or description of work, as you want it to appear on conference documents. Maximum of 250 words.
5. Subject (select among a provided list: Arts, Design, and Performing Arts; Biological & Life Sciences; Business & Economics; Chemical Sciences; etc…).
6. Faculty Mentor’s full name and email address.
7. Select “UW-Parkside” for your “University”.
8. Agreement to be available during the afternoon (12:00 – 5:30 pm) on day of conference.
9. Any special needs or accommodations.
10. Select Presentation Type among list of: (a) Poster/Slides (PDF+short Video), (b) Oral (video), or (c) Exhibit, Performance, or Demonstrations (Video). Note, the PDFs of posters, and videos for all types of presentations will be uploaded later, closer to day of event.