Applied Health Science Programs
The bachelor's of science (B.S.) in applied health sciences is designed to prepare you with an interdisciplinary and liberal arts foundation for professional careers within the health care industry. One of the unique aspects of the program is its strong emphasis on hands-on, clinical experiences created for you. If you choose to enroll in the applied health science major you will be required to obtain a minimum of three hundred hours of patient contact experience within your chosen concentration area.
This exposure to the actual "job" not only is a requirement for most professional programs, but, more importantly, helps you obtain a deeper understanding of the professional careers you are considering.
This major is intended primarily for you if you wish to pursue an advanced degree and a career in the professional fields of physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, physician assistant, athletic training, and kinesiology or exercise science. These can be selected as a "pre-professional" concentration (pre-physical therapy, pre-athletic training, etc.). However, you can gain acceptance into a wide range of additional professional health or graduate programs with this degree.
Goals and Objectives
Primary academic goals and objectives of the applied health science major
- To provide you, a UW-Parkside student, with a challenging, rigorous, laboratory and clinically intensive major that will assist you in gaining acceptance into professional health programs or graduate programs.
- To provide you with a degree that empowers you to be a competitive student in today's rapidly expanding job market revolving around health care and scientific research.
Since Program Inception (2007)
- 87.8% of our graduates have been accepted to professional health programs
- 100% acceptance rate into Chiropractic Schools
- 86% acceptance rate into Masters of Occupational Therapy Schools
- 84% acceptance rate into Doctor of Physical Therapy Schools
PROGRAM CONTACT INFO
Dr. Bryan Lewis | (262) 595-2327 | email@example.com