Ralph Jaeschke Solutions for Economic Growth Center
THE SEG CENTER
The SEG Center is a premier vehicle for project-based learning at UW-Parkside. We bring together local community businesses with Parkside students and faculty to create a joint venture that benefits all parties involved.
The Center provides an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience working with companies and organizations to solve business problems. Student teams are assigned to selected projects and are run using a strict project management approach.
- All teams have a faculty member with whom they work throughout the duration of the project
- Continuous interaction with the client ensures that the teams are delivering a final solution that is in-line with the overall problem and needs of the client
SEG Center is comprised of several specialty centers focused on specific areas of business.
- Information Technology Practice Center (ITPC)
- Marketing Specialty Center (MSC)
- Operations Management Specialty Center
- Accounting and Finance Specialty Center
SEG projects have included the development and implementation of business and marketing plans; design and implementation of data networks, web applications and database applications; and more. Visit our Project Page for a complete listing.
- Receive an opportunity to find solutions to real problems affecting real companies
- Identify issues and work to find a realistic solution given the environments within which they are working
- Understand project management and the importance of being able to deliver a final solution or product on-time and within budget
- Receive hands-on work experience in finding solutions to business problems
- Gain new perspectives from individuals not closely aligned with your business
- Complimentary-no financial burden for the services that are provided
- Network with students who could be future employees