Accounts Payable Lead
Code: 16278 Posted: 02/04/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Accounts Payable Lead.
The Accounts Payable Lead is a hands-on position which provides leadership, direction, and is responsible for participating and coordinating the day-to-day accounts payable function and travel management program. This position executes vendor invoice payments; serves as liaison between the vendors and customers; coordinates vendor onboarding and maintenance; completes pay cycle runs, and assists in reimbursements to individuals. The position reports to the Controller and Assistant Controller.
Essential Job Functions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of the day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable
- Process the check and EFT runs to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the requests
- Maintain payment schedules to conform to prompt payment law, university policy and perform within the PeopleSoft SFS Accounts Payable module
- Lead other personnel for mail intake, and federal identification number substantiation and coordination
- Answer and assist all e-Reimbursement issues and questions from departments
- Assist with moving expense reimbursements
- Provide training for travelers and support staff on e-Reimbursement
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong financial, analytical, and critical/problem solving/thinking skills
- Excellent customer service the ability to build effective relationships
- Effective organizational and management skills with high level of attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize work and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or closely related field
- Minimum of two years of accounts payable experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday February 17th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/18/2020