Administrative Assistant, Chancellor’s Office
Deadline for Applications is 2/21/2021
Code: 16663 Posted: 01/28/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Chancellor.
The person in this position will be directly supervised by the Executive Assistant and will play a vital role in the daily operations of the offices. This role also includes a support role in the operations of the UW-Parkside Foundation, the university’s partner in raising funds and developing relationships to benefit the university and student success.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups visiting the Chancellor’s Office and university administrative offices.
- Provides organizational information via phone, in person, and through other communication mediums, for inquiries to the Chancellor’s and Vice Chancellor for Advancement’s Offices.
- Prepares routine correspondence such as thank you notes and mailings.
- Maintains records and organizational system for Chancellor’s and Vice Chancellor for Advancement’s engagement with donors and alumni (Raiser’s Edge database).
- Conducts routine financial transactions for the UW-Parkside Foundation (disbursement requests, gift deposits).
- Provides support for meetings of the UW-Parkside Foundation Board and Committees (agenda preparation, meeting scheduling, preparing minutes of meetings).
- Maintains organizational system for UW-Parkside Foundation data and records (OnBoard).
- Performs routine clerical work for administrative offices as needed.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- High school diploma.
- One to three years’ prior experience in an administrative support role.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills; enjoys meeting and helping people.
- Able to concentrate on multiple projects/tasks at once.
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated experience with virtual technology, including WebEx, WebEx Events, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams.
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated experience with board management software (OnBoard) and customer relationship management software (Raisers Edge)
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday February 21st, 2021 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/21/2021