Administrative Assistant II
Deadline for Applications is 10/24/2021
Code: 17620 Posted: 10/01/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
Employment Type: Full time – Non-Exempt, University staff
Pay Range: $14.83-$23.64
Reports To: Vice Provost
Essential Job Functions
UW-Parkside is seeking a collaborative, energetic, and highly skilled Administrative Support Professional to support administrative activities in the Office of the Provost and the Center for Excellence in Inclusive Teaching and Learning.
This full-time position serves as the administrative assistant to the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and the Associate Vice Provost for the Center for Excellence in Inclusive Teaching and Learning. The position will split support time equally between the two offices. A wide range of job duties include general office support; monitoring several budgets; creating procurement orders and pay invoices; coordinating forms and processes for faculty hiring and promotion; coordinating and setting up events; ordering office supplies; coordinating communication with faculty and staff; maintaining records; assisting with maintaining and updating office web pages; scheduling meetings and appointments and managing the daily calendars, travel, and meeting arrangements for the Vice Provost and Associate Vice Provost.
The position requires innovation, the ability to work independently, use of sound judgment in making decisions, ability to maintain confidentiality, knowledge of University policies, and working cooperatively and pleasantly with faculty, staff, administrators, and students. The ability to work effectively with diverse populations is necessary. The ideal candidate will be able to move in a fast-paced environment and switch priorities often.
Key Job Responsibilities Include:
- Monitor the Provost Office and CEITL budgets and one-time funds
- Create employee change forms, new hire forms, project codes, budget/revenue transfers in our ShopUW+ and BP Logix software
- Serve as a liaison with HR for new faculty contracts
- Create requisitions and pay invoices
- Procurement card reconciliation
- Purchase supplies
- File and data management
- Maintain program and event attendance records in spreadsheet or database
- Edit/draft/proofread documents and web content for Associate Vice Provost
- Assist with maintaining and updating office web pages
- Communicate opportunities and events to faculty and staff
- Calendar management/scheduling meetings
- Catering/room reservations for events
- Assist preparation and setup for events
- Travel/hotel and car arrangements on our Concur booking site
- Distribute mail
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 year’s administrative support experience supporting a director level or above
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat DC, SharePoint, PowerPoint), email, and experience with or willingness to learn data management systems
- Ability to acquire new knowledge and proficiencies as dictated by the changing nature of computing technology, software, and communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and effectively in face-to-face, oral, written, and electronic forms
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and good judgment regarding confidential information
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail despite frequent interruptions
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated experience with virtual technology, including WebEx, WebEx Events, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams.
- 3+ years administrative support experience supporting a director level or above
- Experience in higher education, particularly in the UW system
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with software and web-based applications, such as BP Logix, Qualtrics, Canvas, web maintenance, personnel and budgeting software, and customer relationship management software (Raisers Edge)
- Ability to meet and work effectively with people across multiple levels of the organization including students, faculty, staff, and administrators of the university
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday October 24th, 2021 are ensured full consideration. Position open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 10/25/2021