Administrative Support - Campus Technology Services
Code: 15290 Posted: 02/20/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Administrative Support – Technology Services.
The responsibility of the position will be to provide administrative and financial support to the Campus Technology Services (CTS) department. This position will work under general supervision and will report to the Chief Information Officer.
Essential Job Functions
Budget Development and Accounting
- Responsible for development of annual budgets for all GPR and PR accounts allocated to CTS. This includes CTS operational funds for salaries, services & supplies, Student Tech Fee, Desktop Deployment, and a number of special purpose accounts.
- Work within the parameters of the fiscal year in addition to state, campus and/or UW System procedural rules, and guidelines.
- Monitors and tracks CTS GPR & PR financial accounts to ensure expenditures of funds is in accordance with allocations, objectives, and priorities.
- Actively develop and maintain documents, including spreadsheets to track spending in accordance with needs of CIO and managers of teams within CTS.
- Develop and maintain monthly Profit and Loss Statements for PR accounts.
- Collect and verify documentation in support of purchases made via credit card and reallocate to correct org code as needed
- Identify, develop, and apply policies, regulations and procedures where appropriate.
- Verify and reconcile data in the campus automated accounting system.
- Proactively monitor budget, submitting budget transfers when necessary.
- Project expenditures in order to determine carryover requests and prepare budget for upcoming fiscal year.
- Prepare timely and accurate year-end reconciliation.
- Organize, store, and archive records in support of above activities in accordance with audit requirements.
Office Operations Support
- Provide CTS Administration reception
- Administer office filing system, including personnel files.
- Coordinate travel arrangement for CTS employees and candidates
- Manage and purchase office supplies as needed.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of office equipment: ordering and replacing toner cartridges in copier, stocking copier paper, etc.
- Compose, type and distribute memos/emails/correspondence
- Willingness and ability to be an active participant in following applicable safety rules and regulations including necessary training and drills.
- Ability to interact respectfully with people from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Maintain records of all equipment and software on maintenance contracts in such a way that continuing maintenance costs can be easily projected.
- Maintain documentation on vendor contracts and license agreements.
- Track and report project budgets and costs.
- Assist for campus software chargebacks.
- 1-2 years' experience in office administration
- 1-2 years' experience in budget development and accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- Official transcript upon hire
Review of Applications
Applications received by Friday March 8th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.