Admissions Counselor / Recruiter *Deadline Extended*
Code: 14967 Posted: 11/13/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Admissions Counselor/Recruiter.
The position’s primary focus is recruiting students through a wide range of activities including: making presentations, public speaking, visiting high schools and other groups and agencies. This position will also be responsible for attending college fairs; maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their families; developing relationships with high school counselors, and other civic and community agencies and leaders; arranging campus visits and tours; and other duties or projects as required. In addition, this position will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. This position will also correspond with students, families, visitors, counselors and community members regarding admission to UW-Parkside and assist with setting up and maintaining a communication plan for prospective students. This position will also have a role in new student orientation throughout the year.
UW-Parkside is proud to have the highest percentage of underrepresented minorities in the UW System. Admissions team members must be committed to recruiting and working to enhance a diverse environment at UW-Parkside.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent UW-Parkside at high school visits, college fairs, community agencies, community activities, career days and other special events designed for students.
- Plan and implement recruitment activities.
- Serve as a liaison between Admissions and designated university departments.
- Explain admission requirements and enrollment procedures to interested students and parents providing feedback, explore educational alternatives as needed, provide campus tours, maintain follow-up contacts and provide campus resource materials.
- Work with staff, faculty, students and alumni to ensure that students are connecting with campus resources throughout the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the campus community, the public, high school personnel, agencies, and others.
- Work with the New Student Services Manager for new student orientation initiatives.
- Utilize the University’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to manage targeted recruitment strategies and on-going strategic communications with inquires, prospective students and applicants.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and programs at UW-Parkside, within the UW System, and within the admission profession.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- This position must have the commitment to serve a diverse population of students and work in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Considerable knowledge of the recruitment techniques and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of departmental software systems and various business office software packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability using time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel extensively and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with students, family members, groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for about 2 hours at a time.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year or more of demonstrated extracurricular college involvement or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience responding to the needs of students or customers
- Master’s degree
- One or more years of Admissions experience
- Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Documented experience in utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
- Bi lingual
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "14967"
- Select "Admissions Counselor / Recruiter *Deadline Extended*"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by Friday, January 11, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 01/12/2019