Assistant Cross Country and Track & Field Coach
Deadline for Applications is 5/30/2022
Code: 18362 Posted: 05/16/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Assistant Coach (Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country)
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Reports To: The Assistant Coach will report to the Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country Coach.
Under the general supervision of the Head Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, the Assistant Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross Country Coach will be responsible for assisting with the operation and management of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to: scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, fundraising, practice and competition planning, student-athlete development, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, hosting camps, and community engagement. All work will be done in accordance with university, conference, and NCAA regulations. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required. This position is a campus security authority and mandatory reporter as defined by federal and state law.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall management, leadership and execution of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field and Cross-Country program, fostering a positive educational and competitive environment on and off the competition surface.
- Execute all responsibilities in accordance with the NCAA, UW-Parkside, University of Wisconsin System, and UW-Parkside Foundation policies and procedures.
- Assist with the planning, organizing, and management of the program; to include but not limited to:
- Development and implementation of competition strategy/techniques both individually with student athletes and in groups
- Continual education of student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques for competition
- Scheduling and supervision of practice sessions and competitions
- Recruiting student-athletes
- Monitoring and maintaining the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Assist with monitoring and proactively providing support toward academic success of student-athletes
- Commitment to operating all aspects of the program in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in planning and execution of team travel.
- Collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on a strength and conditioning program.
- Attend staff meetings, compliance education sessions, and development opportunities.
- Assist with budget management and revenue generation, including camps, and clinics.
- Represent the athletics department through collaboration with a variety of campus groups.
- Represent UW-Parkside as appropriate with the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) and the NCAA.
- Consistent with NCAA Bylaw 11 and institutional procedures, Coach understands and agrees that if Coach is found in violation of any NCAA or conference legislation or fails to report a violation, he/she shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant or repetitive violations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience as a Track and Field student-athlete or coach at the college level
- Experience coaching one or more of the following areas (Sprints, Hurdles, Jumps, Multis)
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/leave/annualsum/univstaff.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by Monday, May 30th, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/31/2022