Associate Athletics Director for Business Operations
Deadline for Applications is 5/22/2022
Code: 18271 Posted: 04/21/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Financial Manager (Associate Athletics Director for Business Operations)
Employment Type: Full-time, Academic Staff, Salaried
Reports To: The Associate Athletics Director for Business Operations will report to the Director of Business Services and the Director of Athletics.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside Business Services and Athletics, is seeking applications for the position of Associate Athletics Director for Business Operations. Parkside Athletics is an NCAA Division II Institution and member of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletics Conference. Under the leadership of the Director of Business Services and the Director of Athletics, the selected candidate assists in the management and coordination of the Athletics Business Operations within UW-Parkside.
This position will recommend and implement fiscal policies and advise on development of processes in support of efficient and compliant reporting. The candidate will assist in providing fiscal management and participates in day-to-day financial operations to ensure accuracy of financial transactions and reports for the sports and administrative units of University of Wisconsin-Parkside’s Intercollegiate Athletics, the Sports and Activity Center, and intramurals and recreation. Additionally, they will assist in the development, processing and servicing of departmental budgets. The position works directly with the University's Business Services, (i.e., Accounts Payable, Financial Accounting, Procurement) Budget departments, and Athletics to uphold the integrity and academic mission of the University.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, directs, and engages in financial and/or accounting operations for multiple areas; coordinates data management, budget preparation and management, and financial reporting efforts
- Identifies, verifies, and audits financial charges, credits, and authorizes payments
- Recommends, interprets, disseminates, and implements unit-focused fiscal policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with established rule, regulations and financial guidelines
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and monitoring of automated financial information systems
- Analyzes financial information and makes recommendations to unit leadership
- Serves as a subject matter expert to unit leadership regarding financial operations, status and reporting, and recommends process improvements
- Creates detailed annual budgets through working with senior administration, coaches and support staff
- Assist in coordination of HR activities, such as recruitment, and onboarding
- Directs the distribution of regular and ad-hoc reports and analyses based on financial transactions, budget reports, etc. for management review and decision-making
- Prepare, analyze and summarize recommendations on financial planning, including reporting
- Lead the coordination and development of the financial audits (NCAA and EADA)
- Provides analytical support for complex financial data, including financial modeling and budget strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration Management, Sports Management, or related field
- Three to five years of related experience in accounting, financial management, and business processes
- Demonstrated experience in areas of budget and finance
Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with Intercollegiate Athletics and higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Position is open until filled. All applications submitted by Sunday, May 22nd, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/23/2022