Associate Athletics Director for Revenue Generation
Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 20058 Posted: 08/25/2023
Working closely with the Director of Athletics, the Associate AD for Revenue Generation will provide leadership and strategic direction for all revenue-generating aspects within Athletics including but not limited to sponsorships, fundraising, and ticket sales. This position will be responsible for generating revenue through the partnership program, fundraising initiatives, and ticket sales while providing elite customer service to our supporters. This position will work closely with the strategic marketing & communications staff, and the facilities & event operations staff while also overseeing a graduate assistant and student staff. In addition, sport oversight responsibilities are potentially available for this position.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Athletics Associate Director (Associate Athletics Director for Revenue Generation)
Employment Type: Full Time, Limited
Reports To: Athletics Associate Director to Director of Athletics
Full Time Salary Range: $58,000-$60,050
Essential Job Functions
Position Duties (In Order of Importance)
REVENUE GENERATION (70%)
- Acts as our lead sales and revenue generation team member.
- Oversee and execute all aspects of the Parkside Athletics Corporate Partners Program, including ensuring the successful solicitation, fulfillment, invoicing, and renewals of partners.
- Oversee and execute all aspects of the Ranger Impact Fund, including leading the annual fundraising drive and sport-specific fundraising initiatives.
- Manages our ticket sales and premium hospitality initiatives including season tickets, group tickets, and partial ticket plans.
- Manage a portfolio of donors, sponsors, supporters, and prospects.
- Build relationships and work with Strategic Communications Marketing and Event Management staff members to ensure effective and aligned communication, marketing, fulfillment, and event management.
SPECIAL EVENTS (15%)
- Organize, plan, and organize the Ranger Impact Open (annual golf fundraiser) and additional athletics fundraising and alumni relations events.
- Help coordinate special events, including but not limited to the Hall of Fame Ceremony, Ranger Awards, and Student-Athlete Career Fair.
- Represent the athletics department appropriately and intentionally through campus and community involvement, speaking engagements, media responsibilities, etc.
SPORT OVERSIGHT & ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (15%)
- Provide supervision and oversight for all aspects of assigned sports programs, departments, and personnel.
- Assist the Director of Athletics and athletics leadership team with the day-to-day operations of the athletics department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in sponsorship sales, revenue generation, marketing, fundraising, or ticket sales in college athletics, professional sports, or a related industry.
- Three years of experience in sponsorship sales or revenue generation in college athletics, professional sports, or a related industry.
- Proven ability to generate revenue through sponsorship sales or fundraising initiatives.
- Experience providing elite customer service to supporters.
- Demonstrate the ability to be strategically organized and think innovatively.
- Knowledge of sales and fundraising trends.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Health & Retirement Contributions Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/benefits-estimator/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by 9/16/2023 are ensured full consideration. Position open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/14/2023