Classroom Technology Specialist
Code: 15156 Posted: 01/09/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Classroom Technology Specialist.
Assists with the delivery of routine information technology (IT) support services to end users in support of a wide range of computer and/or multimedia systems used for teaching and learning. This individual may serve as an initial point of contact for UW-Parkside faculty, staff, and students.
Essential Job Functions
Typical Responsibilities (other duties as assigned)
- Assists with basic procurement, installation, configuration, repair, inventory, and modification of various classroom technology hardware, digital signage displays, software and associated components under close supervision.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves and/or escalates basic data, network connectivity, client/server processes and application issues according to established policies and procedures.
- Assists with the operational maintenance of technology systems to ensure appropriate integration, compatibility and functionality according to established user requirements.
- Creates and produces documentation and job aides for all classroom technology, system projects, training, and the University Technology Help Desk.
- Maintains and supports a regular maintenance/replacement/upgrade schedule for classroom technology, AV equipment, and software.
- Serves as an initial point of contact for faculty, staff, and students providing consultations about technology resources and addressing their information and instructional technology needs.
- Train faculty and staff on the use of computers, video/data projectors, audio/visual equipment, distance education equipment, room control equipment and special software used in general access classrooms.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, AV technologies, multimedia control systems, and computer hardware and software, including installation, applications and programming.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of automated ticketing systems, technology loan check-out software, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Apple Operating Systems, and mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand, and read and comprehend information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with other technology specialists to provide services in a timely manner.
- Ability to create training materials and/or knowledgebase articles.
- Ability to diagnose classroom technology problems and determine appropriate resolutions.
- Associates degree in a technology related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least two years of experience providing customer service and/or training in a technology environment
- At least two years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing classroom-related technology
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15156"
- Select "Classroom Technology Specialist"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
Review of Applications
Applications received by Wednesday January 23rd, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact information for three References
- Transcript upon hire
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.