Community Engagement Program Associate
Code: 14989 Posted: 11/16/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Community Engagement Program Associate.
This Program Associate supports the unit responsible for civic and business engagement including community based learning, internships, Leadership Kenosha and other community initiatives and programs. The position provides administrative support for the Director of Community Engagement, the unit’s Faculty Director, and staff members. The position is responsible for maintaining regular meeting schedules, inviting and tracking attendees, and taking and distributing meeting minutes. The Program Associate will also manage the workflow of CBL course designation requests and campus employment paperwork. The position creates and maintains spreadsheets for financial management, completes travel reimbursements and credit card paperwork for staff members, and maintains office supplies and equipment. In addition, the Program Associate assists in the marketing and execution of community engagement events and activities, including updating websites, managing online databases, and coordinating evaluations with the use of online survey tools. The position is responsible for supporting grant proposal development and tracking of related data. The Program Associate reports to the Director of Community Engagement and works collaboratively with other members of the department, faculty and staff in other campus units, and external community partners. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Coordination and Promotion Duties
- Compose correspondence, maintain files, and provide general support for the CE Director and programs.
- Coordinate programs and events with appropriate CE personnel.
- Prepare and process contracts, travel and expense reports, credit card logs and invoices.
- Support development of grant proposals and reports.
- Coordinate the paper trail for CBL Certification.
- Track paperwork for on-campus student employment.
- Provide information to students to help support website maintenance and social media activities related to community engagement.
- Greet students and other visitors to CE.
- Assist in the creation of promotional and instructional materials for CE.
- Answer questions regarding programs via telephone, e-mail, written correspondence, or in person.
- Maintain records including evaluations and annual report.
- Assist in the development and revision of departmental forms.
- Attend meetings with Program Managers when necessary or requested.
- Take minutes at meetings and distribute to participants in a timely manner.
- Schedule and send out confirmations for CE meetings, programs and events.
- Schedule room reservations for classes, conferences, and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer Support
- Compile/maintain list of potential participants for CE programs
- Compile/maintain list of CE committees/advisory board.
- Generate mailing labels as necessary.
- Enter data into Rangertrack (Handshake)
- Generate necessary instructor contracts, forms, and payments.
- Prepare forms, templates, and other documents in Excel.
- Design surveys and evaluation tools in Qualtrics.
- Office Management
- Prepare, post, and mail correspondence to organizations or participants.
- Monitor voicemail.
- Order supplies and materials for CE Director and staff.
- Generate the duplication of materials for staff.
- Financial Duties
- Initiate and forward any necessary budgetary information to CE Director
- Communicate with CE Director to reconcile event finances.
- Complete Travel Expense Reports and credit card logs for staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, timeliness and accuracy.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to tolerate phone and other interruptions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with community partners, employers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Extensive computer use; mobility and dexterity to reach and bend into filing cabinet; lifting up to 10 pounds.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Experience using databases, including CRMs
- Ability to prioritize and execute numerous requests in a minimum amount of time
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Three or more years of experience working in a university/college environment or customer service related field
- Experience promoting programs and events
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "14989"
- Select "Community Engagement Program Associate"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by Monday December 17th, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.