Conferences, Camps, and Meetings Coordinator
Code: 15342 Posted: 03/14/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Conferences, Camp, and Meetings Coordinator.
This position assists the Continuing Education (CE) director by providing support and coordination for program activities. This person uses judgment and discretion while assuming office and program responsibilities in absence of the Continuing Education Director. The primary duties of this position include scheduling conferences, workshops, camps and meetings, working with instructors and partners, and assisting with coordination of events and day of event registration. Additionally, this person will share in the administration of the campus Event Management System (EMS) and may guide the work, or provide limited supervision for student workers and part-time employees. This person also works with the Financial Specialist to track and monitor financial and enrollment data for census for all CE workshops, conferences, classes and courses.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the coordination, event materials and pre-event logistics of CE programs and events with appropriate staff and UW-Parkside personnel.
- Work with Program Managers and Accounting to ensure and all relevant information such as W-9’s, bio’s, descriptions, handouts etc. are collected.
- Work with staff to research and coordinate sponsors and exhibitors for conferences and events.
- Prepare and send out confirmations, reminders and follow-up surveys for CE events.
- Schedule meetings and reserve rooms and equipment for CE as requested.
- Assist with training and provide direction to student workers on assigned projects.
- Track and analyze enrollment, financial information, and course data regarding CE courses and training events.
- Take meeting minutes and notes.
Computer Support/Database Management
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining a centralized database of vendors, instructors, consultants, etc.
- Using discretion and judgment, this individual must work closely with managers and support staff to ensure the functionality and integrity of the database is maintained in an efficient manner.
- Assist with the open enrollment management system for program offerings.
- Compile/maintain list of potential participants, contact and distribution lists.
- Generate class/course/conference/workshop rosters for CE program managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Process cash and charge payments from participants per departmental and campus procedures.
- Work with accounting to prepare, process and monitor expenditures (PIRs, requisitions, travel expense reimbursements, refunds and other miscellaneous items) tied to conferences and events in CE department.
- Initiate and forward any necessary budgetary information to the Financial Account Specialist.
- Extensive computer use; mobility and dexterity to reach and bend into filing cabinet
- lifting up to 10 pounds
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Associates Degree or related experience, bachelors preferred
- Three years administrative/office experience/Event planning
- Excellent customer service background
- Experience in general accounting and budgeting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15342"
- Select "Conferences, Camps, and Meetings Coordinator"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing qualifications
Review of Applications
Applications received by Sunday March 31st, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.