Continuing Education Outreach Specialist (Internal Only)
Deadline for Applications is 11/20/2020
Code: 16786 Posted: 11/13/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Continuing Education Outreach Specialist.
The selected candidate will report directly to the PCE Director. This position supports noncredit Professional and Continuing Education (PCE) by providing outreach to a variety of professionals and partners, coordinating workshops, assisting with the coordination of conferences and events, providing technical assistance, and includes providing enrollment and marketing support.
The Outreach specialist will assist with the identification of topics and presenters for workshops, conferences, and certificate programs; help to conduct research, and manage the administration of CEU’s, badges, and certificates. This is a team-oriented position and great interpersonal skills are required to support the success of the team and unit goals. Additional responsibilities may include participating on planning committees and assisting with scheduling events and meetings. Some supervisory and delegation skills are required to help direct student workers and support staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Plan courses, trainings and events based on past profit margins.
- Develop relationships with external and internal partners to support adult continuing education needs.
- Work with the director, staff, consultants, and committees to develop new and existing professional development programs, create timelines, and manage individual projects.
- Work with the PCE Director and Account Specialist to generate instructor contracts.
- Provide support for director and financial specialist to complete budgets for programs and evaluate financial progress of programs.
- Engage in hiring practices for instructors to maintain standards for best practices in providing instructional services.
- Provide technical assistance for instructors, consultants, and individuals participating in trainings and events.
- Assist with instructor training and the development of training materials.
- Plan and manage training and event logistics.
- Act as the lead marketing liaison to the integrated marketing team and assist team with editing brochures, fliers, newsletter, advertisements, and website for CE.
- Attend meetings with faculty, directors, community partners and other required meetings.
- Assist with the management, training, and delegation of work for student workers.
- Provide administration of enrollment management system, and other technology platforms (LMS, CRM, etc.)
- Compose correspondence, maintain files, schedule meetings, and take meeting notes as needed or required.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of how to write measurable learning objectives
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for evaluating training and events
- Ability to anticipate needs and improve products or services
- Proficiency in web navigation and Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent technology skills
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems and Enrollment Management Platforms.
- Strong oral communication skills
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external groups
- Dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and finding solutions in peer relationships
- Customer oriented focus
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities efficiently
- Excellent time management and project management skills
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university
- Training coordination
- Three years Customer Service experience
- Experience with LMS and CRM systems, and registration management software
- One or more years of providing technical support
- Marketing and enrollment management
- Three years Project Management Experience
- Experience working within an educational institution
- Experience marketing through social media channels
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Friday, November 20, 2020 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 11/21/2020