Custodians ( Part - Time )
Code: 15578 Posted: 06/05/2019
UW-Parkside welcomes the submission of applications from persons interested in facilities and operations temporary university staff positions as they occur on campus. This posting does not apply to a specific current opening. Respondents to this posting will be included in a general facilities and operations temporary pool.
Essential Job Functions
Positions in facilities may include the following job duties:
- General inspection, repair, and maintenance of campus building structures and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and seasonal activities.
Positions in operations may include the following job duties:
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the designated work area.
- Manual cleaning and maintenance of UWP buildings.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Physical strength and stamina to perform required work including the ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 pounds, the ability to be on your feet for an entire 8 hour shift, and the ability to shovel snow/remove ice
- Ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, move furniture, perform repetitive motions, overhead work, frequent stair and ladder climbing
- Ability to carry out multiple work assignments and be able to adhere to and follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of basic safety precautions
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse groups of people and have good interpersonal skills in order to relate to co-workers, students, faculty, staff, and supervisors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
Starting hourly rate will be $10.00 per hour.
Hours are 20-25 per week, can be less if needed. Typical shift is first shift 5am-10am and third shift 10pm-2am.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15578"
- Select "Custodians ( Part - Time )"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
Review of Applications
Applications will be considered for vacancies that occur from June 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.