Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 18393 Posted: 05/25/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Executive Assistant I (Dean’s Assistant)
Employment Type: Full time, Academic Staff, Salaried
Reports To: The Executive Assistant I will report to the Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences.
This position will provide administrative support to the Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences (CNHS) in support of the college’s goals. The position will establish and maintain effective communication with the Dean, Associate Dean, CNHS Chairs/Directors, faculty, staff, students and external constituents. This position must show confidentiality regarding all written or oral interactions and information. This position is expected to acquire knowledge and experience with UW-Parkside policies and procedures in order to effectively serve CNHS. This position reports to the Dean.
The College of Natural and Health Sciences emphasizes experiential learning opportunities through clinical settings, laboratories and field trips that are taken as part of many courses, as well as a rich array of internships and service learning opportunities. The majors and minors offered by the departments in the college provide students with the opportunity to pursue their education as preparation to gain admission to graduate programs, professional schools, licensure as clinical mental health counselors, health informatics, board certified nurses, or athletic trainers and enter the workforce in a diverse array of professions.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel and organizes schedules for a college or division leadership position
- Compiles, screens, and evaluates correspondence and reports and recommends actions
- Develops and facilitates communications of varying complexity between various internal and external stakeholders
- Manages the organization, auditing, security, and confidentiality of records and files
- Monitors budgets and reviews and approves expenditures
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to manage office environment that is multi-dimensional.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of various business office software packages, e.g., PeopleSoft, WISER.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability using time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with students, family members, faculty, staff, and administrators, in groups, or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure and accelerated timelines to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years working in university/college student services, customer services or related field
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Position is open until filled. All applications submitted by Sunday, June 12th, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.