Code: 16265 Posted: 02/03/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Dean’s Assistant.
Provides administrative support to the Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences in support of the college’s goals.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules logistics for meetings, conferences, and travel and organizes schedules for a college or division executive officer
- Gathers, compiles, verifies, and analyzes information for use in various communications under close supervision
- Facilitates communications of varying complexity between various internal and external stakeholders
- Organizes, audits, and maintains the security and confidentiality of records and files
- Monitors budgets and reviews and approves expenditures
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to manage office environment that is multi-dimensional.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of various business office software packages, e.g., PeopleSoft, WISDM.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and database applications.
- Demonstrated ability using time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop and implement projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to relate well to both prospective and continuing students.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with students, family members, faculty, staff, and administrators, in groups, or on a one-to-one basis.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure and accelerated timelines to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Physical ability to sit at a desk and/or operate a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, and stair climbing; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience working in university/college student services, customer services or related field.
- Demonstrated skills and experience providing excellent service to others.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday February 10th, 2020 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 02/10/2020