Director of Alumni Relations
Code: 16226 Posted: 01/09/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Director of Alumni Relations.
The Director of Alumni Relations plays a central role in UW-Parkside’s efforts to engage our 25,000+ alumni with the university, students, and the alumni community. This leader oversees the development of the university’s alumni relations strategic plan, and works in partnership with university offices and alumni volunteers to carry out alumni engagement efforts that support the university’s needs and goals.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops strategic planning initiatives, objectives, and strategies for alumni engagement, in alignment with the university’s strategic plan
- Serves as a primary alumni liaison to institutional leadership and internal and external stakeholders, promotes and advocates for institutional alumni relations goals and initiatives
- Leads alumni programs such as the Distinguished Alumni Awards, alumni events, and alumni mentoring; leads alumni communication efforts through the biannual Parkside: The Magazine, regular digital communications, and one-on-one interactions
- Partners with campus units and personnel to engage alumni in opportunities such as mentoring/career development, student recruitment, and giving programs
- Partners with alumni volunteers, including the Parkside Employee Alumni Group, the UW-Parkside Alumni Association, and other key alumni, to achieve established alumni relations objectives
- Develops and oversees the alumni relations budget
- Supervises one or more undergraduate/graduate student workers assisting with alumni engagement projects
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in alumni relations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of/ability to learn technologies used for alumni engagement and communication (Microsoft Office products, constituent relationship management systems, email marketing systems, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as working independently to produce results
- Ability to work well with a diverse range of partners including faculty, staff, administration, alumni, students, and community members
- Ability to effectively implement new ideas and establish processes which are replicable, consistent and sustainable
- Ability to motivate and manage others
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and meet deadlines
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years of professional experience in alumni relations, higher education, marketing/communications, program management or a related field
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references.
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday February 2nd, 2020 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.