Employer Relations Coordinator Advising and Career Center (Internal Candidates Only)
Deadline for Applications is 11/08/2020
Code: 16747 Posted: 10/28/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Employer Relations Coordinator.
Develops a comprehensive employer recruiting communication strategy, cultivates key partnerships, and establishes an extended professional network to effectively promote and market students, alumni, and programs to local, regional, and national employers. Employer relationship development will include increasing employer understanding of UW-Parkside academic programs, services, and student characteristics, as well as engaging employers in students’ career development process through participation in fairs, on-campus presentations, mock interviews, resume reviews, job shadows, and related programming.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as a point of contact for prospective employers providing advice and information about recruitment, engagement, hiring students, and addressing their needs
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for on-campus recruiting activities
- Proactively develops relationships and working knowledge of relevant industries
- Provides students with information about internship opportunities, career planning, and/or employment opportunities and/or coaches students through the recruiting process
- Participates in the campus-wide career services community providing input to leadership regarding the development of advising, recruitment, and co/curricular programs
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Working knowledge of career development strategies and employers’ recruiting methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and implement projects of varying size and scope, including campus-wide events
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple work assignments
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels on campus and in the surrounding community
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations for groups of varying sizes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply regulations, policies, guidelines, and procedures
Education, Experience, Training and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years experience in a college/university career services or related office
- Demonstrated knowledge of career development theories and best practices
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation to allow for off-campus visits to regional employers and community partners
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work with diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, and employers
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and emails of three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday, November 8, 2020 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 11/08/2020