Deadline for Applications is 08/03/2021
Code: 17352 Posted: 07/15/2021
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Rita Event Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time, University Staff
Reports To: The Rita Event Coordinator will report to Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities.
Essential Job Functions
The Rita Event Coordinator will be the point person for all events, including rental and patron relations for the College of Arts and Humanities. Typically, the College hosts some 60 to 70 events per semester—concerts, plays, gallery openings, recruiting events, and so forth. This position will be responsible for scheduling these events, including the attendant receptions, as well as coordinating the Rita student workers for these activities. This position will work a flexible schedule that will allow to assist in evening/weekend activities as necessary.
Key Job Responsibilities
A. Events Manager 65%
- Main contact person for ALL reservations of the facilities within the College;
- Create and maintain all event reservations for performances, receptions, community events and rentals (this includes):
- Schedule spaces—concert hall, theaters, classrooms, and rehearsal rooms—within the College, using the university’s proprietary reservation software system (EMS).
- Creating all required paperwork for rental of spaces: Contract, minors forms, and invoice.
- Coordinate the RITA calendar in Outlook
- Coordinates communication with stakeholders for all events/performances; arranges for events/performances setups.
- Request parking waivers for events/performances.
- Booklet program coordination.
3. Manages and trains student workers in the college for events/performances, event set up, and music locker assignments.
4. Manages swipe door access in our current system (Persona)
B. Box office management 20%
- Implement and maintain our ticketing system
- Manages schedules and trains student workers in the box office and Rita concierge (if available). This includes PCI training and management for Box office students.
- Manage the credit card terminals and tamper logs.
- Create and process cash reconciliations and deposits as the Fine Arts cash custodian.
D. Performs other duties as assigned 15%
- Provide academic support for Music and Theatre as needed
- Manage the quarterly music program reports to UW-System
- Assist with the coordination of the yearly Wisconsin School Music Association State & Solo Competition
Other duties as assigned
- BA/BFA in an arts or humanities related field
- 1 year of experience working with an arts organization
- Strong Software skills and a facility with learning new ones
This position works with the Rita Operations Team to ensure the smooth functioning of the performing arts events and spaces at the Rita Tallent Picken Regional Center for the Arts and Humanities.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday August 3rd, 2021 are ensured full consideration. Position open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 08/04/2021