Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
Deadline for Applications is 5/01/2022
Code: 18254 Posted: 04/14/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why!
Position Title: Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
Employment Type: Full Time, Salaried
Reports To: The Executive Assistant to the Chancellor will report to the Chancellor
Pay Range: $60,000 - $73,000
The Executive Assistant to the Chancellor helps, support and oversight of the daily administrative activities of the Chancellor’s office in order to ensure effective and efficient operation of the office. The position includes day-to-day management of the Chancellor’s Office/Suite: office budget; maintaining Chancellor’s schedules; supporting Chancellor with meeting preparations and follow up tasks; staffing the Chancellor’s Cabinet and Extended Cabinet; completion of special projects; writing/editing communications; and serves as the liaison between the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Cabinet members, and faculty and staff, students, alumni, elected officials, UW Regents, UW colleagues, and the public.
The person in this position must perform duties with minimum supervision, exercise motivation and initiative in decision-making; have the ability to exhibit creativity and self-direction with a capacity for independent work and multi-tasking as well as working as part of a team. Must possess the willingness to accept and lead change in a fast-paced office environment. Must be able to demonstrate good organizations skills, paying conscientious detail to priorities and tracking tasks delegated to Chancellor’s senior staff to meet deadlines. A positive, forward-focused, and friendly attitude must be maintained at all times. Working knowledge of UW-Parkside and UW System policies and procedures; functions; organization; and regulations are necessary. The position requires a high degree of confidentiality, responsibility and independence in completing responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
Key Job Responsibilities
- Communicate, handle and address incoming and outgoing communications (verbal, mail, electronic) on behalf of Chancellor. Coordinate logistics and greeting of visitors to Chancellor’s and Vice Chancellors’ offices.
- Compose and prepare communications and correspondence for Chancellor.
- Coordinate the Chancellor’s heavy, intense and demanding calendar requests, including adding and editing events, teleconferences, routine meetings, confirming attendees, scheduling rooms, catering requests, and multi-media needs requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants.
- Prepares reports, presentations and data; maintains files, records, and correspondence for meetings, events, initiatives and prepares final documents of Chancellor approval (resolutions, actions, etc.) for governance groups (Faculty, Academic, University Staff and Students).
- Keep Chancellor briefed on actions taken on his/her behalf.
- Serve as a liaison between Chancellor, Vice Chancellors and all constituents: Regents, UW System President and other UWSA administrators, state and local government officials, area legislators, administration, faculty, academic staff, university staff, students, parents, alumni, other higher education constituents, and local and regional community partners.
- Complete financial operations and purchases in accordance with UWS fiscal policy and maintain budgetary records.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, mentor, and evaluate Office of the Chancellor student employees.
- Arrange travel, accommodations, itineraries, and all correspondence related to travel arrangements as needed for the Chancellor and Associate to the Chancellor (spouse/partner).
- Plan, organize and implement meetings, University events, donor gatherings, receptions, business events, and University gatherings at Chancellor’s residence.
- Prepares information and research executive needs.
- Act as a liaison to help foster stewardship and partnership between the University and the UW-Parkside Foundation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Self-directed and ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to anticipate needs of executive staff.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Ability to perform all administrative duties, answer phone and email inquiries, and direct requests to appropriate departments as necessary.
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role.
- Willingness to make and act upon sound suggestions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Integrity in dealing with colleagues, students, vendors, external stakeholders, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work extra hours when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years’ prior experience in mid-to-senior-level administration, higher education, management, or related field.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, virtual technology, and management softwares; scheduling appointments/updating calendars a must.
Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/leave/annualsum/univstaff.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by Sunday, May 1st, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/02/2022