Facilities and Operations Graduate Assistant
Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 18574 Posted: 07/19/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Graduate Assistant (Facilities and Operations)
Employment Type: Part-time, Academic Staff, Exempt
Reports To: The Facilities and Operations Graduate Assistant will report to the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Capital Projects.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Facilities and Operations Graduate Assistant. To be eligible, prospective candidates must be accepted into one of the Master’s Degree programs at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. Facilities and Operations Graduate Assistant will report directly to the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities and Capital Projects.
Essential Job Functions
Key Job Responsibilities
The facilities and operations graduate assistant will report to the Associate AD for Facilities & Capital Projects and the Facilities & Recreation Coordinator. This position assists in all aspects of facilities/grounds/equipment management and maintenance of all Ranger Athletic facilities. This position will also assist with operations associated with Parkside Athletic events and student recreation programming.
- Assist the Facilities & Recreation Coordinator with day-to-day equipment room operations and purchasing.
- Assist the Associate AD of Facilities & Capital Projects with maintenance and upkeep of athletic facilities.
- Coordinate laundry cleaning, distribution, and chemical inventory for all 13 NCAA Division II Varsity teams.
- Facility set up and takedown for NCAA Varsity home contests as well as external rentals.
- Serve as the facility supervisor for assigned NCAA Varsity home contests and external rentals.
- Assist with scheduling of facilities for varsity sports competitions and practices, internal and external rentals, intramurals, open recreation, and University sanctioned events.
- Help schedule and supervise student-worker schedules for athletic facilities, work alongside graduate assistant for Wellness/Strength center.
- Become familiar with Event Management System (EMS), & Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Provide customer service to Athletic Administration, Coaches, Student- Athletes, community members that possess SAC membership and external rentals tenants.
- Other duties not listed above assigned by Associate AD of Facilities & Capital Projects or Facilities & Recreation Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Candidate must possess strong customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in facilities/grounds/equipment management at an NCAA institution and/or professional sport organization is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Position is open until filled. All applications submitted by Friday, July 29th, 2022 will be given full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 08/23/2022