University Clinical Field Experience Supervisor
Code: 15414 Posted: 03/29/2019
University Clinical Field Experience Supervisor
University of Wisconsin-Parkside
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of University Clinical Field Experience Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Chair of the Educator Preparation Program, the university clinical field experience supervisor will serve to guide, support, and evaluate pre-service teacher candidates in the field while serving as the liaison between the Educator Preparation Program and the clinical field placement. The supervisor will insure that the teacher candidate has the resources needed to meet the educator preparation program requirements for co-teaching in the placement. The supervisor is responsible for the shared evaluation of the teacher candidate, along with the mentor teacher.
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 PM Sunday, June 2nd, will be given first consideration. Position is open and posted until filled.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the liaison between the Educator Preparation Program and the K-12 schools where teacher candidates are placed for their clinical field experiences
- Provide teacher candidates with constructive criticism, support, and guidance
- Communicate frequently and candidly with the teacher candidate, mentor teacher, and the Clinical Coordinator, and promptly report any concerns related to teacher candidate placements
- Conduct post-observation meetings for every formal observation to assist in improving instruction, analyzing problems, identifying strengths, and reflecting on teaching effectiveness
- Document progress of teacher candidates throughout the semester using the protocols established during the Foundations of Co-Teaching training and in the Clinical Supervision Handbook, including the use of electronic documentation.
- Observe teacher candidate clinical experience and complete clinical evaluation of observations.
- Suggest specific strategies or approaches if teacher candidates are unsuccessful in implementing particular lesson plans or have management problems.
- Work collaboratively with the Educator Preparation Program to ensure that data is collected, analyzed, and reported.
- Assist the Clinical Program Coordinating Committee in the review of the Clinical Program for the purposes of continuous improvement.
- Attending University Supervisor training sessions as required.
- Represent the University and the program in a professional manner.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Be knowledgeable and supportive of the implementation of the co-teaching model in the clinical field placement
- Understand best instructional practices in order to support the teacher candidate
- Able to consolidate travel for teacher candidate visits
- Able to affirm, guide, listen and lead as needed
- Be highly organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to accurately observe, conference and contribute ideas
- Able to demonstrate self-motivation, self-direction
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Understand and adhere to University policies and guidelines
- Able to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Available to observe and conference with teacher candidates during the school day
- Travel to multiple school sites to supervise teacher candidates in the clinical field experiences
- Able to use electronic documents and technology to process evaluations and appropriate communications with teacher candidates, the Educator Preparation Program, and mentor teachers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree
- At least three years of teaching experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas: elementary education (all subjects), cross-categorical special education, English as a Second Language, or secondary English Language Arts, mathematics, science, or social studies
- Recent teaching/university supervision experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of a clinically based Educator Preparation Program
- Trained, or ability to be trained, in the St. Cloud State Co-Teaching Model
- Commitment to increasing completion of the Educator Preparation Program for underrepresented student groups
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience and education. The UW System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15414"
- Select "University Clinical Field Experience Supervisor"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional References (1 being Superviosr/Manager) including contact emails
- Official Transcripts upon hire
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.