Financial Specialist ( Entry Level )
Code: 16163 Posted: 12/06/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Financial Specialist (Entry Level).
This position is entry level. Prepares and advises on general financial transactions and reconciles transactions have accurately been made. Creates general reporting on transactions. Maintains financial records, provides administrative processing support, and provides customers service for staff and customers in an assigned program area to support program financial management.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits, monitors, organizes, and updates fiscal records, reports, and affiliated materials
- Audits or processes transactions and assigns funding codes in accordance with established rules, regulations, and policies
- Audits or reconciles original purchase documents with payments
- Drafts basic communications and reports and maintains organization of varied records to provide administrative support within a specified work unit
- Answers general fiscal questions and provides information based on set materials and standards to various audiences
- Financial, analytical, and critical/problem solving/thinking skills
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service with the ability to build effective relationships
- Effective organizational and management skills with high level of attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize work and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Current experience in using an enterprise financial software program (e.g., PeopleSoft or other enterprise software)
- Responsibility for accounts which hold financial information
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
High School Diploma
Minimum three years’ experience in an accounting field
Minimum three years’ experience with an ERP system
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information of three references upon hire
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59p.m. Thursday, January 2nd, 2020 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 01/02/2020