Human Resources Front Desk Coordinator
Code: 14838 Posted: 10/09/2018
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Human Resources Coordinator.
Reporting to the AC of Human Resources, this position works under general supervision and is responsible for confidential administrative support work of moderate difficulty, delivering customer service and performing receptionist duties at the Office of Human Resources Front Desk and responding to requests for information. This position will have extensive interactions with students, academic staff, faculty, supervisors, department and program managers, executive leadership, UW System personnel and the public.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support for Staffing and Recruitment Function
- Serve as acknowledged expert in new hire process and I-9 filing requirements. Research difficult problems of a complex clerical/administrative nature.
- Develop and revise operating procedures affecting the processing of New Hires, criminal background checks, HRS business processes and HR ticketing system.
- Process criminal background checks for all new hires. Act as liaison with background check vendor.
- Answer questions regarding New Hires or Human Resources via telephone, email correspondence or face-to-face contact.
- Maintain records and/or reports for Human Resource forms (ImageNow, Criminal Background checks).
- Provide assistance as needed with various HRS tasks such as entry, look-up, and form review for work in various functional areas within the Office of Human Resources.
- Serve as security authorization representative for the Office of Human Resources to include handling all security requests and maintenance.
- Update and maintain the Office of Human Resources webpages on the UW Parkside website, ensuring a professional, current, and informative online user experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Receptionist Duties HR Office Front Desk
- Primary responsibility for receptionist duties for the Office of Human Resources. This involves answering telephones and assisting in-person customers.
- Assess customer needs, determine urgency and take appropriate action either through direct support or referral to the appropriate personnel.
- Prioritize and respond to email inquiries received in Human Resources Service Desk or other HR Mailbox.
- Schedule conference rooms/meetings for the Office of Human Resources staff. Check out training room keys, laptops or other equipment as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide back up support for other HR staff as needed.
- Provide assistance during major HR events such as Open Enrollment, HR Connect, and campus wide activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate administrative tasks.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy in task completion.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Ability to organization tasks to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- A general understanding of the human resources body of knowledge.
- Sitting, bending, squatting, and lifting of at least 25 pounds.
- Associates Degree or 60 college credits
- at least three years working in a human resources office
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Executive Human Resources Administrative support experience
- Knowledge of recruitment and staffing
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: https://www.hrs.wisconsin.edu (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "14838"
- Select "Human Resources Front Desk Coordinator"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Transcript-unofficial accepted with application. Official transcript must be provided upon hire.
Review of Applications
Applications received by Tuesday October 23rd, 2018 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act.
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.