Graduate Assistant - Athletics Advancement and Alumni Relations
Deadline for Applications is 09/14/2020
Code: 16604 Posted: 08/31/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Athletics Advancement and Alumni Relations.
To be eligible, prospective candidates must be accepted into the Master of Sport Management Program at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside.
See full list here: https://www.uwp.edu/apply/admissions/graduate/
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the UW-Parkside advancement office and Parkside athletics department
- Assist in the design and implementation of Fund for UW-Parkside fundraising activities: appeal letters, email campaigns, social media, and other opportunities
- Support planning and implementation for Parkside Day, an annual virtual day of giving
- Help coordinate and staff donor events and initiatives (less of a focus because we have an Event Coordinator, but this role would be involved)
- Use research tools to learn more about prospective donors and update records in alumni/donor database
- Assist with the success and execution of the Ranger Impact Fund, including but not limited to:
- Plan and execute Ranger Impact Fund annual fund drive
- Plan and execute Ranger Impact Fund sport-specific and department-wide events
- Work with the advancement office to ensure appropriate gift processing
- Assist with all elements of the RangerVision 2020 fundraising campaign
- Serve as the athletics department liaison to the University Advancement Office, which includes consistent communication, attending meetings, completing trainings, and event planning.
- Serve as a member of the Ranger Impact Open committee, assisting with the planning and execution of the annual department golf outing
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to update and manage alumni and donor database
- Create and execute communications strategies to engage and inform alumni and supporters
- Develop relationships with existing and prospective donors
- Work with coaches to ensure successful sport-specific fundraising efforts and alumni engagement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Training and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to exhibit professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Candidate must possess strong customer service, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with donor database management systems preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is preferred
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday September 14, 2020 are ensured full consideration
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 09/15/2020