Head Baseball Coach
Deadline for Applications is 5/29/2022
Code: 18360 Posted: 05/16/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Coach (Head Baseball Coach)
Employment Type: Full-time, Salaried
Reports To: The Head Baseball Coach will report to Director of Athletics.
The Head Baseball Coach will be responsible for the operation and management of all aspects of the program, including but not limited to: scheduling, budgeting, recruiting, fundraising, practice and game planning, student-athlete development, and community engagement. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends is required. This position is a campus security authority and mandatory reporter as defined by federal and state law. Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall management, leadership and execution of the baseball program, fostering a positive educational and competitive environment on and off the court.
- Execute all responsibilities in accordance with the NCAA, UW-Parkside, University of Wisconsin System, and UW-Parkside Foundation policies and procedures.
- Commitment to operating all aspects of the program in compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Plan, organize, and manage all phases of the baseball program; to include:
- Development and implementation of strategy/techniques with student athletes and graduate assistant coach(s).
- Scheduling and supervision of practice sessions and competitions.
- Continual education of student-athlete skill development and mental/motivating techniques for competition.
- Monitoring and supporting the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Monitoring and maintaining the expectations and conduct of student-athletes to support the image and reputation of the athletics program.
- Perform recruiting duties to ensure recruitment of quality student-athletes:
- Develop and manage the programs’ budgets in collaboration with the athletics administration.
- Collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on a strength and conditioning program for the baseball program.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive team player attitude, building and maintaining professional working relationships with all departmental staff, including but not limited to the athletics administration, the sports medicine department, support staff, and other department coaches.
- Represent the athletics department appropriately and intentionally through community involvement, speaking engagements, media responsibilities, etc.
- Represent UW-Parkside as appropriate with the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) and the NCAA.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience as a head coach or assistant coach at the collegiate or professional level
- Demonstrated knowledge and success within the sport
The successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with working/interacting with diverse populations and with higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Review of Applications
All applications received by Sunday, May 29th, 2022 will be given full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 05/30/2022