Human Resources Front Desk Assistant
Code: 15711 Posted: 07/17/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Human Resources Front Desk Assistant.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, this position works under general supervision and is responsible for confidential administrative support work of moderate difficulty, delivering customer service and performing receptionist duties to assist the Office of Human Resources Front Desk. This is a part-time position with ideal working hours of 9 a.m-2p.m. This position will have extensive interactions with students, academic staff, faculty, supervisors, department and program managers, executive leadership, UW System personnel and the public.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process criminal background checks for all new hires.Act as liaison with background check vendor.
- Process I-9 filing requirements – Initiate and verify documents.
- Answer questions regarding New Hires or Human Resources via telephone, email correspondence or face-to-face contact.
- Maintain records for Human Resource forms (Image Now, Criminal Background checks).
- Process New Hire paperwork when received and following up on missing documents.
- Document tracking of forms for signatures (Items sent to Budget).
- Process internal mail daily.
- Create New Employee personnel folders.
- Filing of personnel documents.
- Backup to answering telephones and assisting in-person customers.
- Provide assistance during major HR events such as Open Enrollment, HR Connect, and campus wide activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Overall thoroughness, organization, accuracy, and availability of appropriate administrative tasks.
- Adequacy, timeliness, and accuracy in task completion.
- Timeliness of meeting goals.
- Willingness to make suggestions and soundness of those suggestions.
- Soundness of judgment and operational decisions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while being responsive to University personnel.
- Timely and effective communication of problems and opportunities. This includes the responsibility for identifying and communicating information of importance as soon as possible.
- Integrity in dealing with customers, students, vendors, employees, and management.
- Punctuality, attendance, effective use of time, and willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Willingness to assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Ability to organization tasks to meet important deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- A general understanding of the human resources body of knowledge.
Sitting, bending, squatting, and lifting of at least 25 pounds.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associates Degree or 60 college credits.
- At least three years working in a human resources office.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
Applicants are requested to complete an online application. To begin the application process click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Register Now" link. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Sign In."
Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed.
Please be sure you have included:
- Cover Letter
- Names and Contact information for three References
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. July 26th, 2019 however, screening may continue until the position is filled.
It is the policy of UW Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance, or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact us using the information below. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual's disability.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.