Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 18875 Posted: 09/30/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic learning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that’s unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent any student from achieving his or her educational and professional goals.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. The campus is nestled in 700 acres of woodland and prairie and two miles west of Lake Michigan in Kenosha, WI. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Human Resources Generalist
Employment Type: Full-time, Academic Staff, Salaried
Reports To: The Human Resources Generalist will report to the Assistant HR Director.
Pay Range: $48,000 - $52,000 annualized (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
Reporting to the Assistant HR Director, the Human Resources Generalist will design and implement human resources programs to attract, develop, engage, and retain a diverse workforce. Provide leadership, consultation, and support for employees and supervisors concerning human resources practices, strategies, and policies. Ensure compliance with institutional policies, and local, state, and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, manage, implement and administer a combination of human resources functions. Provide consultation, support, and policy interpretation to employees, supervisors, and leadership. Job duties are representative of multiple areas within the human resources field, including payroll, benefits, employee relations, and worker’s compensation.
- Provides human resources information and support to a work unit regarding more than one HR functional area to ensure timely and accurate transaction processing. Maintains personnel records and assists with work unit operational policy development.
- Provides consultation, performs analytics, and/or maintains personnel files, communications, and materials for work unit through various mediums.
- Executes and audits work transactions and changes adhering to established policies and procedures to meet anticipated deadlines.
- Receives, responds to, and resolves employee questions and problems.
- Represents unit/program at institutional workshops, informational meetings, and training sessions.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, interpretation, and revision of Human Resources policies and procedures according to institutional and legal rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration, or related field.
- At least two years of human resources management experience.
Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess familiarity with state and local government environments and/or higher education institutions, and will have obtained SHRM-CP, SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by Monday, October 17th, 2022 are ensured full consideration. Position open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 12/02/2022