Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Deadline for Applications is 10/12/2020
Code: 16694 Posted: 10/02/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the human resources director, this position Provides administrative support for a department, group of professionals, or to the manager of a work group consisting of professional staff and subordinate supervisors in support of unit goals, under general supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedules logistics and secures resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations
- Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, provides basic organizational information via phone, in person and through other communication mediums, and routes more complex inquiries to the appropriate entities
- Collects, analyzes, and prepares various communication materials from established sources utilizing technology mediums
- Sends, receives, copies, and distributes communications to the appropriate entities according to established policies and procedures under general supervision
- Maintains established methods and organizational systems directed at the maintenance of electronic/physical records related to work operations according to established policies and procedures
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Experience in dealing with confidential information and sound application of judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with various levels of knowledge on the topic.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people at all levels in the university and to have effective conflict resolution skills with a focus on consistency and equity.
- Ability to provide clear technical guidance and instruction to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to compose and edit written material.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet, and process/project management tools. Ability to quickly learn desktop applications and use them effectively. Willingness to share and teach the expertise to others.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associate degree
- At least two years experience providing administrative support to management/management team
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday, October 12, 2020 are ensured full consideration.
- Cover Letter
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 10/13/2020