Human Resources Assistant Advanced
Deadline for Applications is 07/19/2020
Code: 16514 Posted: 06/26/2020
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Human Resources Assistant Advanced.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, this position will support the mission of the Institution and is responsible for the design and implementation of human resources programs to attract, develop, engage, and retain a diverse workforce. Provide leadership, consultation, and support for employees and support for employees and supervisors concerning human resources practices, strategies, and policies. Ensure compliance with institutional policies, and local, state, and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs routine human resources activities and provides general administrative support in more than one functional area such as worker’s compensation, reporting, and employee relations. Serves as a resource contact disseminating information on rules, regulations, procedures, and statutes.
- Interprets, applies, and disseminates routine recruitment and staffing policies, procedures, and options to leadership and employees; recommends best strategies according to established objectives and goals.
- Handles worker’s compensation claims, affirmative action reports, and maintenance of employee records according to established policies and procedures.
- Prepares and organize routine administrative communications, resources, and reports and maintains office equipment and supplies under close supervision.
- Receives and responds to inquires in-person, via email, and through various communication mediums and relays information to appropriate entities
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Familiarity with Worker’s Compensation claims reporting and follow-up
- Familiarity with Human Resources Body of Knowledge as it relates to payroll, benefits, employee relations, employee on-boarding and off-boarding.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sociology, or Psychology
- Three to five years of experience working in an HR Department
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Sunday July 19, 2020 are ensured full consideration.
- Cover Letter
- Names and emails of three professional references upon hire.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 07/20/2020