Intramurals & Facilities Operations Coordinator
Code: 15566 Posted: 05/29/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Intramurals & Facilities Operations Coordinator.
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Athletics for Facilities, the Intramural & Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for all intramurals: program planning, website management, marketing and promotions, staffing and training, budget, equipment purchasing and supervision of all activities. This position will also be responsible for all facility scheduling of the Sports & Activity Center and all outdoor facilities for intercollegiate and external events. This position will also assist with all facility maintenance and staffing. Due to the nature of this work, a willingness and flexibility to work evenings and weekends is required. Performs other duties as assigned, including those by the Director of Athletics and senior administration.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop and Implement Intramural and Recreational Programs
- Plan and develop programs for each semester
- Market and program activities to campus community
- Attend all events to ensure compliance of rules and safety
- Survey student body to keep programs relevant
- Ensure compliance of risk management policies
- Order and inventory equipment
- Coordinate facility use with Assistant Director of Athletics for Facilities
- Management and administration of Intramural website
- Effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals
- Coordinate coverage, training, supervision and evaluation of student workers
- Coordinate payroll for all student workers
- Educate and train employees on Emergency Action Plan
Facility Maintenance & Scheduling
- Work in collaboration with the athletic department staff to schedule all athletics & external events
- Coordinate all student staffing of the Issue Room, Wellness Center and Strength & Conditioning Center
- Responsible for at least 10 hours of desk coverage weekly in the Wellness Center
- Assist the Assistant AD of Facilities with maintenance and upkeep of all athletics facilities and fields
- Become familiar with Event Management System (EMS) & Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Serve as the facility supervisor for assigned athletics events and external rentals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of collegiate Intramural and Recreational programming
- Considerable knowledge of an adherence to University, GLIAC, NIRSA and NCAA Division II rules and guidelines and a commitment to working with a diverse student population
- Considerable proficiency with desktop publishing and website maintenance and design
- Working knowledge of copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and website materials
- Ability to have excellent organizational skills which include, but are not limited to, successfully implementing short and long-term goals, multi-tasking, managing deadlines and time management skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including, but not limited to, speaking to large audiences, publishing to the web and written materials
- Ability to have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to exhibit professionalism at all times and an ability to be exemplary representative of UW-Parkside
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships within a diverse, academic environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and trouble shoot and problem solve daily
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions
- Ability to travel
- Must have the ability to carry equipment up to 40lbs.
- Must be a certified diver through campus to operate utility vehicles
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree is required in related field
- This position requires evenings and weekend hours
- Previous collegiate experience in program development for recreational or student activities or coaching
- Demonstrated excellence in administrative, written, interpersonal, and computer skills
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15566"
- Select "Intramurals & Facilities Operations Coordinator"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of three professional
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday June 11th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.