Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 18482 Posted: 06/22/2022
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Employment Type: Academic Staff, 30 hours a week, Salaried part time with benefits
Reports To: The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Student Health Director
Pay Range: $70,000-$80,000
The Nurse Practitioner provides health care services under a collaborative care agreement with a physician to a diverse group of college students. Educates patients, develops and evaluates care plans, and prescribes medications and treatments in support of patient health and well-being.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats illnesses, and manages chronic health problems
- Develops, implements, collects data, and evaluates primary health care services as directed by individual care plans
- Develops individualized care plans based on medical assessments in accordance with medical best practices and established rules and regulations
- Educates patients and their support systems on how to manage conditions and to promote the health and well-being of patients and those around them
- May provide expertise, training, and guidance to the community, peers, and/or students
- This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, observe students' physical health states, and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity and examination room equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving sound an office environment, examination room, and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
- Valid Advance Practice Nurse State of Wisconsin License
- Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Valid Prescriptive Authority (per state practice requirements)
- At least 3 years of experience in the field
Although not required, the successful candidate for this position will possess experience with college-aged patients and/or higher education institutions.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- The names and email addresses for three References
Review of Applications
Applications received by Tuesday, July 5th, 2022 are ensured full consideration.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.