Operations and Program Assistant
Code: 15778 Posted: 08/06/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Program and Operations Assistant.
The program and operations assistant to the dean provides assistance, support, and oversight to the programs and operations of the College of Arts and Humanities. The position includes all aspects of recruiting within the College, which includes representing the college and our programs at outreach and community engagement /recruitment events—Arts Visit Day, Scholarship Day, Art Party, High School Goes to College, and so forth—and liaising with the Admissions Office. Additionally, duties include the day-to-day management of the college office, maintaining the dean's schedule, planning and facilitating campus meetings and events, and monitoring the overall needs of clerical/student staff in the college.
The person in this position must possess a demonstrated knowledge of and ongoing interest in the Arts and Humanities. This person must perform duties with minimum supervision; exercise motivation and initiative in decision making; be creative and self-directed with a capacity for independent work and multi-tasking as part of a team. A positive, forward-focused, and friendly attitude must be maintained at all times. This person should be able to advocate persuasively for what we do in the College to all stakeholders—students, parents, community members, and alumni. The position requires a high degree of independence in completing responsibilities and representing the college/programs on and off campus. Some travel will be required.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the College’s liaison with the Office of the Provost and Human Resources to ensure that all personnel hiring and contracts are administered appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Serve as the liaison between the College and Admissions Office and Marketing to help ensure maximum efficiency in the recruiting process. Assist in ensuring that Admissions Counselor and Advisors have a thorough understanding of what we do in the College.
- Manage prospective student funnels, calls, and engage directly with students face to face, via phone or email.
- Serve as the liaison with the CAH Advisory Board.
- Represent the college and its academic departments at recruitment events both on and off-campus. This will include some travel.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the college office effectively and efficiently, including monitoring the overall needs of clerical/student help staff in the College, and providing assistance in resolving administrative support problems as they occur. Provide back-up support for department offices.
- Manage Dean's schedule and electronic calendars. Coordinate meeting times, dates and locations for individuals at Dean's request. Coordinate travel arrangements for the Dean and prospective hires, presenters and guest artists with in the College. Prepare and maintain records of travel vouchers, process reimbursements, and related documents.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of the position, including communications with administrators, faculty, academic staff, academic department associates, and students. Act as liaison between the Dean's office and other support staff in the College. Advise Dean of situations that require attention.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Ability to promote and advocate for the Arts and Humanities
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database applications
- Ability to learn and work well with Human Resources in regard to hiring and contracting procedures.
- Knowledge of all majors in the department and ability to successfully promote them
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects—event planning
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels, including Admissions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and cordially with groups or on one-to-one basis in writing or orally
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated interest in the Arts and Humanities
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft suite
- Social Media Savvy
Salary and Benefits
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15778"
- Select "Operations and Program Assistant"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of three professional references upon hire.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.