Program and Operations Assistant to the Dean
Code: 15518 Posted: 05/13/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Program and Operations Assistant to the Dean.
The program and operations assistant to the dean provides assistance, support, and oversight to the Programs and operations of the college of social sciences and professional studies. The position includes developing and maintaining partnerships with k-12 partners, community organizations, and Hispanic serving organizations to create and support programming opportunities, representing the college and our programs at outreach and community engagement /recruitment events, event planning and coordinating, Day-to-day management of the college office, budget, maintaining the dean's schedule, coordinating creation and implementation of college marketing, including social media and web editing, planning and facilitating campus meetings and events, and monitoring the overall needs of clerical/student staff in the college.
The person in this position must perform duties with minimum supervision, exercise motivation and initiative in decision making, have the ability to exhibit creativity and self-direction with a capacity for independent work and multi-tasking as part of a team. Must possess the willingness to accept and lead change in a fast-paced office environment. A positive, forward-focused, and friendly attitude must be maintained at all times. The position requires a high degree of confidentiality, responsibility, and independence in completing responsibilities and representing the college/programs on and off campus.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as liaison with the Office of the Provost/Associate Provost and other constituencies to ensure that all applicable procedures are followed and personnel records are processed and maintained for all academic departments in the College.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion in all aspects of the position, including communications with administrators, faculty, academic staff, academic department associates, and students. Act as liaison between the Dean's office and other support staff in the College. Advise Dean of situations that require attention.
- Assist with the development, management, monitoring, reporting and reconciling the College's budget, in collaboration with Business Services, the Provost’s Office, Departments, and other offices on campus. Must be proficient in budgeting software and key financial management policies and procedures of the college, university, and UW System.
- Assist in grant sourcing, writing, and program coordination.
- Coordinate research and assist in preparation of college data, administrative documents, and reports for submission to campus administration.
- Represent the college and its academic departments at recruitment events both on and off-campus. Develop, create, and present major, minor, certificate, and grant program opportunities to students, parents, and interested community/business representatives.
- Plan and coordinate on campus special College events/outreach as needed (space, invitations, marketing, catering, travel etc).
- Develop and maintain relationships and programming opportunities with K-12 partners and community organizations. Attend off campus meetings and events to support these programs/partnerships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships/partnerships with Hispanic Outreach partners and community organizations. Work towards creation of Kenosha Hispanic Roundtable.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the college office effectively and efficiently, including monitoring the overall needs of clerical/student help staff in the College, and providing assistance in resolving administrative support problems as they occur. Provide back-up support for department offices.
- Manage Dean's schedule and electronic calendars. Coordinate meeting times, dates and locations for individuals at Dean's request. Coordinate travel arrangements for the Dean, and other college personnel at the Dean's request. Prepare and maintain records of travel vouchers, process reimbursements, and related documents.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and database applications
- Ability to learn, interpret, and properly apply policies and procedures
- Ability to participate in work groups; and coordinate, develop, and implement projects
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems autonomously
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple work assignments and projects
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels
- Ability to provide assistance on work assignments of other college staff
- Ability to work independently and with diverse groups of people
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with groups or on one-to one basis
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple service and operational demands while maintaining service standards.
- Ability to facilitate social media accounts for business/marketing
- Ability to write, edit, proof marketing/correspondence in Spanish
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of work experience in fast-paced, administrative support environment
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft suite and website editing
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15518"
- Select "Program and Operations Assistant to the Dean"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of three professional references upon hire.
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. May 31st, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.