Program Director HIMT ( Health Information Management and Technology )
Code: 15434 Posted: 04/05/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Program Director of Health Information Management and Technology.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside participates in the University of Wisconsin-Extended Campus (UW-EX) online Health Information Management and Technology (HIMT) Bachelor’s degree program with three other campuses (UW-Green Bay, UW-Stevens Point and UW-La Crosse). This degree is a fully online 60-credit (20 three-credit courses) Bachelor of Science degree completion program. The UW-Parkside Program Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with standards and meeting accreditation requirements, and will be the primary UW-Parkside contact person for CAHIIM/AHIMA to receive the program’s RHIA exam pass/fail statistic.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Manager will work, consult with, and coordinate with the Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences in the development of local marketing, recruitment, student services, and online courses that deliver curriculum and services consistent with the collaboration/authorization agreement.
- Act as primary UW-Parkside contact person for CAHIIM/AHIMA and ensure program compliance.
- Act as the UW-Parkside representative to the degree and provide curriculum oversight.
- Responsible for staffing the HIMT program, serving as a subject matter expert.
- Arrange internships and clinical site placement for students as needed.
- Monitor program success by evaluating student admission, enrollment, retention, engagement, graduation rates, and other identified success criteria.
- Review and approve as appropriate prior learning credit for students seeking the HIMT degree.
- Monitor program course availability and quality necessary to satisfy accreditation standards.
- Work with accreditation process insofar as they pertain to the HIMT degree as needed.
- Act as community liaison, building string collaborative and interpersonal relationship to secure internship and employment opportunities.
- Teach 28 credits in a 12-month (Summer, Fall and Spring semesters) period from the following UW-Parkside UW-EX assigned courses:
- HIMT 360 – Healthcare II – Survey of Disease & Treatment (3 cr.)
- HIMT 380 – Healthcare Billing, Coding and Reimbursement (3 cr.)
- HIMT 400 – Healthcare Information and Technology-Data (3 cr.)
- HIMT 410 – Healthcare Systems: Implementation and Integration (3 cr.)
- HIMT 450 – Healthcare Information and Technology Standards (3 cr.)
- HIMT 489 – Pre-Capstone (1 cr.)
- HIMT 490 – Capstone (3 cr.)
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of CAHIIM/AHIMA accreditation processes and protocols – e.g., having taken a program through the CAHIIM accreditation process and maintaining compliance requirements.
- Excellent time management and project management skills; can effectively direct and integrate all aspects of a project or program, ensuring that work progresses toward achieving goals and objectives on time – measured by professional interaction with CAHIIM/AHIMA post accreditation, leadership in professional organizations, etc.
- Ability to work with faculty, staff, and UW-EX to maintain accreditation of the program.
- Follow defined standards and processes of the accrediting organization(s) as deemed valuable and important to the success of the program at UW-Parkside.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Master’s degree – HIMT or related health discipline.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) with experience and credentials in Certified Healthcare Privacy & Security, and Certified Healthcare Technology-Implementation Management.
- Ten or more years of experience in the health information management industry (in the hospital/clinic setting and academia).
- Three or more years of experience at facilitating professional Capstone placements (internships/employment opportunities) for students (statewide and nationwide).
- Ten or more years active involvement and leadership in professional associations at both the state and national level
- Extensive training and track record for coaching/mentoring/advising students and HIM professionals – measured by internship placements in at least past three years.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Highest official transcript upon hire
- Names and email information of three professional references upon hire
- Reprints of selected empirical research publications
- Teaching Evaluations
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 PM on Friday May 17th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.