Transfer Admissions Counselor
Position Is Open Until Filled
Code: 18945 Posted: 10/19/2022
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a dynamic leaning community grounded in academic excellence and focused on student success, diversity, inclusion and community engagement. One of 13 four-year institutions within the University of Wisconsin System, Parkside provides an educational value to our students that is unparalleled. An affordable, high-quality education is an investment in one’s future, and we believe the cost of an education should not prevent students from achieving their educational and professional goals. The university is the proud recipient of the 2022 AASCU Excellence & Innovation Award for Student Success and College Completion from The American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU), a testament to years of strategic efforts.
UW-Parkside is a great place to start or enhance your career. Located in Kenosha, WI between Chicago and Milwaukee, the campus is nestled on 700 acres of woodland and prairie, two miles west of Lake Michigan. At Parkside we offer competitive pay and benefits, as well as an engaging and supportive work environment. Parkside is a community that’s easy to call home. Find out why.
Position Title: Admissions and Recruitment Coordinator II (Transfer Admissions Counselor)
Reports To: The Transfer Admissions Counselor will report to the Executive Director of Enrollment Services
Pay Range: $41,500 - $46,000 annualized (commensurate with experience)
The primary focus of the Transfer Admissions Counselor role is the recruitment of transfer students through a wide range of recruitment activities including: making presentations, holding campus events, visiting community and 2-year colleges, conducting outreach to targeted groups and agencies; and meeting one on one and in groups with students. The transfer admissions counselor must be customer-service focused, detail oriented and persistent in follow-through with students and guests. This position is responsible for attending college fairs; maintaining follow-up contact with prospective students and their families; completing transfer evaluations; and arranging campus visits and tours. The transfer admissions counselor must demonstrate excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication in all aspects of the position. In addition, this position will assist in the development and implementation of transfer recruitment, marketing strategies, and programming designed to achieve its enrollment goals.
Essential Job Functions
- As the most culturally diverse university in the UW System, UW-Parkside expects dignity and respect displayed for all individuals, including those from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Considerable knowledge of recruitment techniques and practices, programming and transfer policies specifically for transfer student populations.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of database applications and applications in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability using time management techniques and practices.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and with external institutions, community leaders, agencies, and others.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of colleagues.
- Ability to travel extensively and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally, non-verbally and in writing with students, family members, groups or on a one-to-one basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the needs of transfer students, demonstrated as a former transfer student or transfer student admissions experience.
Although not required, the ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications and skills;
- Experience working with transfer and adult learner students
- Previous experience utilizing a student information system software and customer relationship management software
- Proficient in software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Documented experience in utilizing social networking tactics in recruitment or marketing
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator:https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- The names and email addresses for three References
Review of Applications
Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
UW-Parkside is committed to providing an environment in which our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff can thrive. We aspire to foster a more equitable and inclusive climate and culture between and among students, faculty, and staff, and to improve justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in every aspect of campus life. Please visit The Office of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion for additional information.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Available Until: 01/22/2023