University Development Event Coordinator
Code: 15432 Posted: 04/05/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of University Development Event Coordinator.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for coordinating university events and functions for the Department of University Advancement and in partnership with the Chancellor’s Office, including but not limited to receptions, meetings, and other special campus events. Position is responsible for major functions which include administrative operations, development of food and beverage services, marketing and promotion of events, and directing work of student interns and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate all aspects of high-level events for the University
- Oversee the compilation of registration materials
- Resolve any problems or issues as it relates to the operation of events
- Maintain all event records and monitor fiscal responsibilities of all events
- Oversee staff operations prior to, during, and after events to ensure set-up, delivery, and clean-up
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate quality negotiation skills.
- Ability to self-start.
- Demonstrate a high aptitude for problem solving.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a very diverse environment.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Two or more years of event planning or project management experience.
- Experience using technologies related to event planning (reporting, registration software, email marketing programs).
- Experience with Microsoft Office
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of three professional references upon hire
- Highest official transcript upon hire
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59p.m. Wednesday May 1st, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.