Program Assistant ( Nursing )
Code: 15684 Posted: 07/08/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Program Assistant (Nursing).
This position reports to the Coordinator of the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program. The Program Assistant functions as the administrative support staff for this program and offers support to the College of Natural and Health Sciences. This is a 10-month position working 32 hours a week between the hours of 7:30am-4:30pm with some flexibility. Typical non-paid time off is between June-August.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative and program support to Faculty and Staff in the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program.
- Internal liaison between faculty, staff, students, Director(s), and Dean’s office.
- Provide current and prospective students with information about the UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program.
- Coordinate room usage assigned for specific UW-Parkside/UW-Milwaukee Consortial Nursing program courses and labs along with duties relevant to purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Report monthly expenses, including but not limited to, telephone, photocopying, postage, duplicating (Creative Services), course fees and facilities charges.
- Manage computerized scheduling of student advising appointments. Prepare daily calendar of advising appointments for the nursing advisor and send reminders to students.
- Administrative and fiscal.
Essential Knowledge And Abilities
- Knowledge of project and file management skills
- Ability to have strong customer service communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to interact and partner with university administration, faculty, staff and students
- Handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interpret data and analysis
- Good judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to work and prioritize in fast-paced environment with students, advisor and faculty
- Ability to analyze University policies, rules and regulations relating to accounting and purchasing, teaching, student records, travel expense reporting, and maintaining records will be important
- Knowledge and hands-on experience using Microsoft suite , Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of general accounting and budgeting principles
- Experience scheduling appointments
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Associate Degree
- 1 year Administrative/office experience
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate depending on qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are encouraged to be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Under "Basic Job Search" choose:
- "More Options"
- Job Opening ID: "15684"
- Select "Program Assistant ( Nursing )"
- Click "Apply"
- You must login before you can apply. Input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login"
- If you have not yet registered, click "Register Now" to begin the registration process
STEP 3: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and emails of three professional references.
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Monday July 29th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.