Visiting Services Coordinator
Code: 15859 Posted: 09/13/2019
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside invites applications for the position of Visiting Services Coordinator.
The position’s primary focus is coordinating a robust visitation programs for prospective students and guests visiting the University of Wisconsin-Parkside. The person in this position will be engaged in public speaking and coordinating an intentional and memorable visit experiences for all demographics of visitors. This position will correspond with students, families, visitors, counselors and community members regarding admission and visitation to UW-Parkside and design, implement, execute and maintain an elaborate communication plan for all visitors. In addition, this position will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and marketing strategies designed to assist the university in achieving its enrollment goals. This position will manage the admissions office front desk operation including the supervision of a dynamic team of student Campus Ambassadors and Student Assistants. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the vision and execution of the campus visitation program including 20+ Admissions events, 40+ group visits, and 400+ campus tours with a record 6000+ total campus visitors.
- Recruit, train and supervise a diverse and exciting team of 12 student staff to provide front-line support and deliver an outstanding and memorable experience to campus visitors
- Provide management and oversight of admissions front desk operations with an average annual call volume of 10,000+ calls, and 450+ appointments.
- Leverage Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to maintain a robust communication strategy for visitors and monitor visit data to drive program effectiveness.
- Collaborate with admissions counseling staff to align recruitment territory outreach efforts with campus visit trends.
- Present to groups of 2-400 students, visitors, high school counselors and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to create materials to bolster university branding presence and accessibility
- Implement website updates for admissions visitation programs to increase usability while ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Understands and promotes the value of effective professional working relationships with individuals at all organizational levels both with the campus community and external stakeholders to develop and facilitate an interactive and engaging visit menu.
- Develop and facilitate inclusive college access programming for underrepresented student populations.
- Actively cultivate sustainable PK-12 and community-based partnerships.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- As the most culturally diverse university in the UW System, UW-Parkside expects dignity and respect
- displayed for all individuals, including those from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic
- Possesses exemplary customer relations skills demonstrated by an understanding of the value of positive interactions with students, families, colleagues and other University partners.
- Shows evidence of excellent time management skills and professionalism.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written and web-based communication skills.
- Comfortable and skilled with public speaking, including group presentations.
- Readily adapts to change.
- Comfortable utilizing technology such as PeopleSoft, ImageNow, Email, and more to strengthen the visitor experience.
- This position requires the ability to manage multiple deadlines, projects, and priorities with attention to detail and exceptional accuracy; show excellent judgment, including sensitivity to personal and confidential information; demonstrate the ability to problem solve; prioritize think creatively and critical and analytical skills; exhibit flexibility and the ability to adapt to ongoing change.
- Ability to perform work often under pressure to meet multiple customer service and operational demands while maintaining exemplary service standards.
Education, Experience, Training And/or Certifications
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Two or more years experience working in university admissions or collegiate student services environment.
- Capable of working autonomously and exhibiting ethical and prudent decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) system and software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
Salary and Benefits
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Wisconsin System provides a liberal benefits package, including participation in a state pension plan.
Benefit Details: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/fasl.pdf
Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted electronically through our employment portal. If you need additional assistance you may contact Human Resources at (262) 595-2204. Hours 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: Submit application materials
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications
Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Tueseday September 24th, 2019 are ensured full consideration. Position is open until filled.
You must select "SUBMIT". Selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials.
In instances where the Review Committee is unable to ascertain from a candidates application materials whether she/he meets all of the required qualifications, or if all of the application materials are not submitted, they will be evaluated as not meeting such qualifications and may be excluded from further consideration.
Legal Notices and Important Information
Employment will require a criminal background check in accordance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment. (see TC1 - App. 4 and p. 12)
Note: Criminal Background Check – The Department of Workforce Development, Equal Rights Division prohibits employers from using criminal background check information, policies or practices that have a “disparate impact” and is not “job-related and consistent with business necessity” in hiring decisions. All information used to screen or hire job applications should relate to the duties of the job.
UW-Parkside is an AA/EEO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UW-Parkside to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 262-595-2204. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual’s disability.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1998, the University of Wisconsin Parkside Crime Statistics Report is available here. Call the UW-Parkside Campus Police Office at (262) 595-2455 for a paper copy of the annual report.
Transcripts will be required upon hire.