Environmental Compliance Information
Here are some UW-Parkside specific information sources.
- UW-Parkside Contingency Plan
- UW-Parkside Hazardous Waste Management Program
- Handling Procedures for Shock Sensitive Materials
The "Campus Consortium for Environmental Excellence" (c2e2) has developed a website entitled "Environmental Virtual Campus". The site is organized around nine typical areas on a campus that are normally subject to environmental regulations. These featured areas include:
- A laboratory
- A central hazardous waste storage area (for generators storing waste for less than ninety days)
- A power/heating plant
- An auto and grounds maintenance area
- A residential area
- A food service area
- A graphic arts/theatre department
- Drains and sewers
- A medical facility
Within each area, content is presented that discusses generally the federal environmental regulations that might commonly apply. In addition, "best practices" are included that cover additional (non-regulated) practices. In some cases the "best practices" and regulatory requirements overlap.
To learn more about the c2e2, click here.