Scholarship Thank Yous
Congratulations on your scholarship award!
Many scholarships at UW-Parkside are provided by generous donors. As a way to show gratitude for the investment a donor has made in your college success, all scholarship recipients are required to share a thank you message to their donor.
You can choose to submit a thank you letter or record a message of yourself on your phone or computer. Please complete your message by Friday, October 1, 2021.
What to Share
- Introduce yourself. Name, major, where you're from, etc.
- What are you studying and why?
- What is your dream job or what are your career goals?
- Are you a part of any clubs or organizations or have any hobbies you'd like to tell your donor about?
- What has a scholarship allowed you to accomplish? Or what does receiving this scholarship mean to you?
- Start and end with a THANK YOU for the donor's scholarship support.
- You are not addressing the person who selected you for this scholarship, so do not write or say "Thank you for choosing me for this scholarship." You are communicating directly with the person who donated the money to fund your scholarship. "Thank you for funding my scholarship" or "Thank you for supporting my education."
Record a Video
Record your video message here.
- You can record a thank you message for the donor from the comfort of your own home, car, study area, etc.
- Don't worry if it's not perfect - just be genuine.
- Aim for 1-2 minutes in length.
- You are able to stop and start over if you'd like, and you can also view your recording before submitting it. When you submit your recording, it will go to University Advancement for review, before being passed on to the donor.
- Head to this link for more recording tips!
Write a Letter
Submit Your Letter
- Here is a sample template of a thank you letter.
- Write clearly and concisely, but with enough detail for your donor to learn about you.
- Have your letter be 3 or 4 paragraphs in length.
- Proofread and spell check!
- University Advancement will review your letter and send it to the donor.
- Please email your completed letter to email@example.com