La Voz del Pueblo
OCT 8 | 2-3:30 PM | Student Center Ballroom
UW-Parkside seeks to become a Hispanic Serving Institution in the next five years. This means we will increase the aid, support, and access to quality higher education for students of Hispanic descent—particularly first-generation and low-income students. Campus and community members are invited to join us in an open meeting to chart the continuing mission of UW-Parkside to serve underrepresented groups.
"Every minute is a chance to change the world." - Dolores Huerta
This forum intends to give a voice to the people, and to hear out their ideas/suggestions on how our campus can serve its diverse student body.
Diversity is crucial for maintaining excellence in research/creative artistry, learning and community engagement. The University of Wisconsin-Parkside celebrates many differences among people including but not limited to diversity in race, ethnicity, ability, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and age. UW-Parkside strives to strengthen diversity with programs that will accomplish the following:
- Attract and retain diverse students, faculty, and staff;
- Respect and appreciate the many cultures and multiple perspectives within the communities that UW-Parkside serves;
- Promote equity and success for all students, faculty and staff;
- Prepare students, faculty and staff to act ethically in relation to diversity on campus and in local and global communities
- Address racism, oppression, and all forms of neglect and discrimination throughout the campus at all levels.
- Financial Aid
- Community Outreach
Sit down with a member of the HSI strategic committee, who will be taking notes and helping facilitate the conversation, and discuss how Parkside can better the Education, Financial Aid, and Community Outreach to its current and future Hispanic students.