Advance your career with SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam preparation.
As one of only 275 approved SHRM Education Partners in the world, UW-Parkside Continuing Education is committed to helping you advance your knowledge, competencies, and skills as a human resources professional.
Certification candidates and employers trust us to provide comprehensive and interactive SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam preparation, delivered by experienced HR professionals and based on the SHRM Learning System.
Also available: SHRM Essentials
About SHRM Certification
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) offers SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®), two global HR credentials known to result in career growth, advancement, and recognition. Based on extensive global research involving employers, academics, and practicing HR professionals at all levels, these credentials ensure that you maintain an industry-leading level of excellence and relevance in an ever-evolving profession.
By becoming SHRM certified, you prove your knowledge, competency, and value to colleagues and to employers looking for a competitive edge in today's global economy.
5 Benefits of SHRM Certification for your Employer
SHRM certification is more than a great choice for HR professionals who want to increase their knowledge, advance their skills, and earn recognition from the global HR community. SHRM certification benefits your entire organization.
1. It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
2. Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
3. Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
4. It helps create a common language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness when facing matters related to human resources.
5. Certification exams cover the global SHRM BoCK™ ensuring that your certification is relevant worldwide in today's global economy.
About Our SHRM Certification Preparation Course
Offered in partnership with SHRM, the curriculum provided in the 2020 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (SHRM BoCKTM).
Our intensive program combines expert instruction with the 2020 SHRM Learning System® so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge, and stay on track for success on the exam. Throughout the program, you acquire the competencies and knowledge needed to achieve SHRM certification and advance your career.
6 REASONS TO CHOOSE OUR SHRM CERTIFICATION COURSE
Our program meets your needs and increases your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams. Here's how we know.
1. You learn from a SHRM-certified instructor with over 20 years of experience working in a variety of industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, and education.
2. Our course uses the SHRM Learning System, historically ranked as the #1 HR certification prep tool.
3. We support your ability to acquire knowledge and understand behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the SHRM certification exam throughout your experience.
4. Our program follows a structured learning experience that is designed to help you stay on track.
5. Opportunities to network and learn from your peers enhances your understanding of the material while deepening your connection to the profession across industries.
6. Earn up to 36 PDCs if you choose to take our comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development only.
Our course combines the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion to help you learn and retain the material effectively, increasing your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
What You Can Expect
The 2020 SHRM Learning System delivers the most comprehensive, effective, and up-to-date exam preparation tools available.
- EFFECTIVE AND PROVEN RESULTS. Candidates who use the SHRM Learning System consistently beat the average exam pass rate.
- ONE SOURCE FOR KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION. All the study tools you need to understand, apply and engage with behavioral competencies and HR knowledge.
- CURRENT AND RELEVANT CONTENT. The SHRM Learning System has been updated to align with the 2018 SHRM BoCK, the defined standard for knowledge and competencies required of HR professionals around the world.
- CONVENIENT 24/7 ONLINE ACCESS to your study tools from any mobile device, tablet, or computer.
Your Course Experience
Your course is specifically tailored to meet your needs and the needs of adult peers. By completing all assigned readings and activities prior to each class, you are prepared to engage in classroom sessions, including:
- A high-level review of course material
- Interactive discussions and learning activities focused on the practical application of HR competencies and knowledge
- Sample assessment questions
- Study and test taking tips
SHRM Learning System Modules
The SHRM Learning System contains modules of study based on the SHRM BoCK. You'll access each learning module online via the embedded e-reader, which allows you to navigate quickly and easily from reading a module to completing activities and answering questions to check your progress.
HR COMPETENCIES MODULE
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. Only)
Timeline: Thursdays | Sep 17-Nov 25 | 5:45pm-8:45pm
Location: Online/ Virtual
Investment: $1295 when registering before Sep 3 (Discount available for SRKA Members)
Volume discounts and tuition reimbursement may be available through your employer. Contact us for help pursuing these options.
Included: All materials.
About Your Instructor
Human Resources Director, University of Wisconsin Parkside
Sheronda Glass has worked for the University of Wisconsin-Parkside since 2016 and is currently the Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, and Employee Engagement. She is a human resources executive with 25+ years of HR experience having worked in a variety of industries, including healthcare, consumer products/manufacturing, and most recently, K-12 education. She has extensive experience in the areas of HR strategic planning, conflict resolution, performance management, labor relations, and diversity management. She has also worked as a consultant for over six years, consulting in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. She is a certified trainer/facilitator in the areas of conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, performance management, and cultural competency.
Sheronda received her Ph.D. in Business Management with a specialization in Human Resources from Capella University. She has taught human resources courses including Performance Management, Introduction to Human Resources Management, and currently teaches Essential Personal Skills for Project Management and Staffing Organizations. She has also achieved the Professional in Human Resources certification awarded from the Society for Human Resources Management and the HR Certification Institute. She is a facilitator for the prep course for SHRM professional certifications and SHRM Essentials for non-HR managers. She is the recipient of the 2018 Milwaukee Business Journal HR Award and the UW System 2019 Outstanding Women of Color in Education Award.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation in its services, program activities, education, and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodations, contact Continuing Education at least eight weeks in advance at: 262-595-3340 (V), 262-595-2513 (FAX), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.